Whitecaps FC Forward Yordy Reyna Enters 14-Day Quarantine After Breaking Physical Distancing Protocols
VANCOUVER, BC - Vancouver Whitecaps FC confirmed on Wednesday that forward Yordy Reyna will undertake a mandatory 14-day self-quarantine period as ordered by club officials, in consultation with the team's medical staff, after contravening club and league orders to abide by provincial physical distancing guidelines. The club has made Major League Soccer aware of the incident and will remain in contact with the league office as they review the situation.
"Our public health authorities are doing an incredible job leading us through this pandemic and we fully support them in their work," said Whitecaps FC sporting director Axel Schuster. "As a club and member of our community, we take the responsibility to demonstrate leadership in this area very seriously. Throughout this crisis, the club has been extremely clear in all our communication on the importance of physical distancing and proper hygiene."
"I am deeply sorry for my actions and apologize to the community, my teammates and coaches," added Reyna.
Whitecaps FC are in close discussions with the public health officer, local health authorities, and infectious disease experts in coordinating voluntary individual workout plans for players at the club's training fields. The club will confirm its plans for individual player workouts in the coming days.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from May 6, 2020
- COO & Sporting Director Paul McDonough Provides Details on Individual Workouts - Inter Miami CF
- Portland Timbers to Return to Individual Workouts Thursday - Portland Timbers
- Whitecaps FC Forward Yordy Reyna Enters 14-Day Quarantine After Breaking Physical Distancing Protocols - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Wells Fargo Helps Earthquakes Extend Neighborhood Heroes Initiative - San Jose Earthquakes
- MNUFC and Michelob Golden Light Say "Thank You MN" to Healthcare Workers - Minnesota United FC
- MLS Unites to Thank Frontline and Essential Workers - MLS
- Atlanta United players return to Children's Healthcare of Atlanta Training Ground for individual workouts - Atlanta United FC
- Atlanta United Partners with American Family Insurance and Gusto to Kick off Nurses Appreciation Week - Atlanta United FC
- Houston Dash to Conduct Voluntary Individual Workouts this Afternoon, Dynamo to Begin Thursday - Houston Dynamo
- Our Real Heroes: Dr. Raymond Franklin & Dr. Steve Cheung - Orlando City SC
- MLSE Community Food Donation Program Expands to Include Bmo Field and Bmo as Partners Team up to Help 'Bring Toronto Back to Its Feet' - Toronto FC
- Today at Inter Miami: Players Begin Individual Workouts at Inter Miami CF Training Complex - Inter Miami CF
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Vancouver Whitecaps FC Stories
- Whitecaps FC Confirm Top Collegiate Recruiting Class
- 'Caps finish season with dominant all-around performance
- Winners Announced at 2020 BMO Player Awards Ceremony
- It Starts with a Goal: the Stories Behind Seven Inspiring Young Canadians in the Whitecaps FC BMO Academy System
- 'Caps fall to Timbers, face possible must-win scenario next week