Wheat Kings Announce "Winning Wednesday"
Brandon, MB. - It may not be a "must win" yet, but with just over a month remaining in the 2018-19 Western Hockey League schedule the Brandon Wheat Kings will be a desperate club when they hit the ice this Wednesday night against the visiting Edmonton Oil Kings.
Brandon enters the game sitting on the outside looking in when it comes to the playoffs and because of the importance of this game, the WHL club has launched a brand new promo called "Winning Wednesday!".
Should the Wheat Kings score a much needed win this Wednesday against the Oil Kings, all fans in attendance will receive a "free" ticket to next week's game against the visiting Calgary Hitmen on Wednesday, February 20th.
The rules are simple; if the Wheat Kings win on Wednesday fans can exchange their tickets to the Keystone Centre Box Office and they can select their seats for the following Wednesday game against Calgary free of charge! This promotion DOES include season ticket holder tickets. There will be no agency fee to exchange your Winning Wednesday tickets.
Should the Wheat Kings defeat Edmonton fans will be able to exchange their tickets immediately following the game and up until 1pm on the following Wednesday, February 20th.
Brandon hosts Calgary on Wednesday, February 20th and going into this week's action, the Wheat Kings currently trail eighth place Red Deer and seventh place Calgary by seven and eight points, respectively, in the battle for the eighth and final playoff spot in the WHL's Eastern Division.
The Wheat Kings, who are currently 23-22-3-4 on the season, play seven of their final sixteen regular season games on home ice, including five over the course of the next ten days.
Brandon will then hit the road for six straight games as the Tim Hortons Brier takes over the Keystone Centre.
Tickets to Wednesday's game are on sale now at the Keystone Centre box office, by calling (204) 726-3555 or online at keystonecentre.com
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from February 11, 2019
- Tigers' Sogaard Named WHL Eli Wilson Goaltending Goaltender of the Week - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Broncos and CMHA Swift Current Team Up - Swift Current Broncos
- Tigers' Sogaard Named WHL Eli Wilson Goaltending Goaltender of the Week - WHL
- Raiders' Fonstad Named WHL On the Run Player of the Week - WHL
- Wheat Kings Announce "Winning Wednesday" - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Ticket Discount: Snow Saver - Tri-City Americans
- Registration Now Open for the 2019 Hockey Alberta / WHL Skills Camp - WHL
- T-Birds Sign Brendan Williamson - Seattle Thunderbirds
- February 11 - Canes Chatter - Lethbridge Hurricanes
- Saskatoon Doubles up Wheaties - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Tigers Comeback to Win 2-1 in a Shootout - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Shootout Showdown - Portland Winterhawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.