Wheat King Prospect, Hammet Named Adam Herold Memorial Award Winner
It's been a successful season for 16 year old Brandon Wheat King prospect, Logen Hammett.
Along with being named this season's Top Defenceman in the Saskatchewan Midget AAA Hockey League, Hammett's been named an SMAAAHL First Team All Star, accruing 14 goals and 36 assists for 50 points in 43 games played for the Regina Pat Canadians Midget AAA team.
Chosen by the Wheat Kings in the fifth round (101 overall) of the 2018 WHL Bantam draft, 2019-2020 is the second full season the 6'1â³, 174 lb defenceman has spent with his hometown Canadians.
Hammett has also been named this season's Adam Herold Memorial Award winner, an annual scholarship presented to the Saskatchewan Midget AAA Hockey League's Top Defensive Defenseman who exemplifies superior leadership both on the ice and in the dressing room, motivates teammates through his own play as well as maintaining a minimum %75 academic average in his studies. The $1,000 scholarship goes toward the recipient's education within one year after completion of his Junior Hockey eligibility.
Logen's 50 points this season is the Canadian's third highest among all skaters on the roster. 32-8-4-0 this season, the Canadians begin their playoffs this Thursday against the Swift Current Legionaires at Co-operators Arena in Regina, Sk.
View the full list of 2019-2020 SMAAAHL Awards recipients here: https://www.smaaahl.com/article/58263
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from February 25, 2020
- Blades' De La Gorgendiere & Silvertips' Wolf Named to Vaughn CHL Team of the Week - WHL
- Guenther Breaks Two Oil Kings Rookie Records in 10-1 Victory over ICE - Edmonton Oil Kings
- February 25 - Canes Chatter - Lethbridge Hurricanes
- Oil Kings Protect Home Ice - Winnipeg Ice
- NHL Black History Month Mobile Museum to Visit Portland - Portland Winterhawks
- Royals to Host Mental Health Awareness Game in Partnership with CMHA - BC Division - Victoria Royals
- Wheat King Prospect, Hammet Named Adam Herold Memorial Award Winner - Brandon Wheat Kings
- ICE and Oil Kings Square off in Rematch - Winnipeg Ice
- Wheat Kings to Promote Mental Health Awareness - Brandon Wheat Kings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.