Westchester Knicks Complete Trade for Jaylen Hands
NEW YORK - September 13, 2021 - The Westchester Knicks, the official NBA G League affiliate of the New York Knicks, have traded the returning rights to Bryce Brown to the Long Island Nets in exchange for the returning rights to Jaylen Hands. This trade is not subject to a physical.
Hands, 6'3 190, played for the FMP of the ABA League First Division and Basketball League of Serbia, during the 2021 season. While overseas, Hands averaged 8.5 points, 1.8 rebounds, 1.8 assists, 2.0 steals and 1.5 blocks through 12 games. During the team's two-game playoff run, Hands scored 17 points, hauled 15 boards, and dished three assists in 43 minutes played.
Most recently, the point guard suited up with the Cleveland Cavaliers during the 2021 NBA Summer League. In a loss to the Houston Rockets, Hands registered 10 points, two rebounds and three assists in 18 minutes.
Drafted 56th overall during the 2019 NBA Draft by the Los Angeles Clippers, Hands was eventually traded to the Brooklyn Nets and spent time with its G League affiliate. During his rookie campaign, Hands accumulated averages of 11.3 points, 3.5 assists and 3.0 rebounds per game.
A UCLA product, the San Diego, CA native, spent two seasons with the Bruins. He averaged 12.1 points on 41.3-percent (37.3% from three), 4.4 assists and 3.8 rebounds in 64 career games (48 starts).
In his second professional season, Brown appeared in nine games for Westchester during the 2021 condensed single site season averaging 5.4 points on 32-percent to go along with 2.0 rebounds and 1.3 assists.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from September 13, 2021
- Westchester Knicks Complete Trade for Jaylen Hands - Westchester Knicks
- Long Island Nets Acquire Returning Player Rights to Bryce Brown - Long Island Nets
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Westchester Knicks Stories
- Knicks Suffer 10-Point Setback to Celtics
- Celtics Serve Knicks First Home Loss of the Season
- Knicks Pick up Second Straight Victory; Take Care of Nets, 108-101
- Knicks Garner First Win of the Season Versus Nets, 104-98
- Raptors Edge Knicks in Slim Three-Point Decision