Wells Fargo Helps Earthquakes Extend Neighborhood Heroes Initiative
SAN JOSE, Calif. - The San Jose Earthquakes have teamed up with Wells Fargo to extend the club's Neighborhood Heroes initiative. Wells Fargo contributed an additional $10,000 to the Quakes to see the program continue through the end of the year. Launched in April, Neighborhood Heroes recognizes community leaders in the Bay Area during the unprecedented COVID-19 crisis.
Each week, the Earthquakes will choose a community leader and showcase the work they have done to help others in this time of need. The Quakes Foundation will then make a financial donation to that person or organization, either in support of their cause or to a charity of their choice, while also providing a platform to share their story.
The Quakes have already recognized several leaders, including Sutter Health nurse Minfen Ding , who has helped her Oakland-based hospital gather more than 15,000 surgical masks, and the YMCA of Silicon Valley for serving between 1,400-1,900 meals daily as well as providing childcare for frontline health workers.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from May 6, 2020
- COO & Sporting Director Paul McDonough Provides Details on Individual Workouts - Inter Miami CF
- Portland Timbers to Return to Individual Workouts Thursday - Portland Timbers
- Whitecaps FC Forward Yordy Reyna Enters 14-Day Quarantine After Breaking Physical Distancing Protocols - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Wells Fargo Helps Earthquakes Extend Neighborhood Heroes Initiative - San Jose Earthquakes
- MNUFC and Michelob Golden Light Say "Thank You MN" to Healthcare Workers - Minnesota United FC
- MLS Unites to Thank Frontline and Essential Workers - MLS
- Atlanta United players return to Children's Healthcare of Atlanta Training Ground for individual workouts - Atlanta United FC
- Atlanta United Partners with American Family Insurance and Gusto to Kick off Nurses Appreciation Week - Atlanta United FC
- Houston Dash to Conduct Voluntary Individual Workouts this Afternoon, Dynamo to Begin Thursday - Houston Dynamo FC
- Our Real Heroes: Dr. Raymond Franklin & Dr. Steve Cheung - Orlando City SC
- MLSE Community Food Donation Program Expands to Include Bmo Field and Bmo as Partners Team up to Help 'Bring Toronto Back to Its Feet' - Toronto FC
- Today at Inter Miami: Players Begin Individual Workouts at Inter Miami CF Training Complex - Inter Miami CF
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.