Weekly Update: Chicago Fire FC to Play on the Road for the Final Time this Season, Facing FC Cincinnati on Saturday Night
CHICAGO - Chicago Fire FC will travel to face FC Cincinnati on Saturday, Oct. 1 at TQL Stadium in Cincinnati, Ohio. Saturday's match will be Chicago's final road game of the season, before returning to SeatGeek Stadium to host the New England Revolution in the season finale next weekend.
Saturday marks the second and final meeting of the season between Chicago and Cincinnati, with kickoff set for 6:30 p.m. CT. The match will be broadcast live on WGN-TV and CF97 Live and transmitted locally in Spanish on TUDN 1200AM.
Chicago (9-15-8, 35 points) head into their final road match coming off a draw in a friendly against Liga MX side, Club León, on Saturday. The match needed more than 90 minutes, with the Fire defeating León in a penalty shootout, led by goalkeeper Spencer Richey who stopped three penalties to lift the Fire over the Mexican side at SeatGeek Stadium.
On the international front, members of the Fire first team have been shining for their respective national teams, with Brian Gutierrez notching a goal for the U-20 USMYNT and Sergio Oregel Jr. who has been a key contributor for the U-19 squad. Amongst Fire players on international duty are Designated Player Xherdan Shaqiri (Switzerland), Jhon Durán (Colombia), and Chris Brady (United States).
As for Cincinnati, (11-12-8, 45 points) they currently sit in sixth place in the Eastern Conference tied on points with Orlando City SC, looking to clinch a playoff spot with a win against Chicago. Cincinnati enter Saturday's match having had a bye week following a 2-1 victory over Real Salt Lake on Saturday, Sept. 17 at Rio Tinto Stadium in Sandy, Utah. That match saw Young Designated Player Brenner Souza da Silva record a brace to give Cincinnati the win and three points, bringing them one step closer to clinching a postseason berth.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 25, 2022
- Weekly Update: Chicago Fire FC to Play on the Road for the Final Time this Season, Facing FC Cincinnati on Saturday Night - Chicago Fire FC
- By the Numbers: FC Cincinnati at Seattle Sounders FC - FC Cincinnati
- 44,200 Fans Attend California Clasico - San Jose Earthquakes
- LA Galaxy Earn 3-2 Road Win Over San Jose Earthquakes at Stanford Stadium on Saturday Night - LA Galaxy
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Chicago Fire FC Stories
- Chicago Fire FC Name Club Legend Zach Thornton Goalkeeper Coach
- Adin Brown Joins San Jose Earthquakes as First Team Goalkeeper Coach
- Chicago Fire FC Announces 2022 Award Winners
- Chicago Fire FC Announces Additional Details Around Its 2022 World Cup Watch Parties
- Chicago Fire FC Forward Jhon Durán and Defender Miguel Navarro Called up to National Team Duty for Friendlies During November International Break