Week 20 Report: Surging Hogs Win 8 of 10
The Rockford IceHogs capped their six-game homestand with a record of 4-2-0-0 and have won eight of the last 10 games. Rockford is now two points clear of Milwaukee for fourth place in the Central Division and a potential playoff berth (Milwaukee has one game in-hand). Last season, the IceHogs won 14 of their final 21 games to reach the postseason.
The IceHogs have tallied at least one power-play goal in five of the last six games. The Hogs matched a season-high streak with power-play goals in five straight games before snapping that streak yesterday against the Rampage. The IceHogs have netted six power-play goals over their last six games during that stretch.
Rockford has scored 3+ goals in nine of the last 12 games dating to Jan. 19. The IceHogs were last in the league in scoring with just 2.24 goals per game before Jan. 19, but are since averaging 3.42 goals per game with 41 tallies in the last 12 contests.
Former first-rounder Henri Jokiharju has five points (5a) over his last three games and has found the scorehseet in five of his first eight AHL contests with the IceHogs. Since making his AHL debut on Feb. 1, Jokiharju is tied for fifth among league defenseman in scoring with seven points (1g, 6a) in eight games.
Luke Johnson enters the week with back-to-back mulit-point efforts and a three-game point streak. The forward leads the team in scoring over his last 10 games with a better than point-per-game average of 11 points on six goals and five assists. His six goals in that time rank sixth among all AHL skaters.
Jordan Schroeder leads Rockford in total scoring this season with 33 points (14g, 19a) in 45 games. He has now posted 30+ points in each of his last three AHL seasons in which he has also skated in at least 30 games. Schroeder enters the week with 11 points (5g, 6a) and a +7 rating over his last 11 games since Jan. 21.
Wednesday, Feb. 20 | Rockford at Grand Rapids (6 p.m.) The IceHogs hit the road for their first game away from the BMO Harris Bank Center since Feb. 2. Rockford is 3-3-0-0 in this season's series with the Griffins.
Saturday, Feb. 23 | Rockford at Hershey (6 p.m.) The Hogs complete their 2018-19 series with the Bears with a Saturday evening showdown at Giant Center. Rockford is unbeaten through three all-time meetings with Hershey.
Sunday, Feb. 24 | Rockford at WBS (2:05 p.m.) Rockford squares off against the Penguins in its third contest of a four-game road trip. The IceHogs will enter Sunday with a 1-0-0-0 clip against WBS during the 2018-19 series.
BUD LIGHT MONTHLY MONDAY HOG TALK AT VINTAGE 501:
Bud Light Hog Talk returns to Vintage 501 on Monday, March 4. Vintage 501 is located in downtown Rockford at 501 E. State St. Fans can join broadcaster Joseph Zakrzewski from 6-7 p.m. on the first Monday of every month throughout the season as the duo chats with IceHogs players, coaches and front office members. For those unable to attend the show in-person, Monday's show will be streaming live on IceHogs.com. "Bud Light Hog Talk" will also be available on www.icehogs.com following the live show. Fans can access the podcast through the "Audio Highlights" link in the "Multimedia" menu. The expected guests will be announced at a later date.
ICEHOGS BROADCASTING NETWORK:
Catch the IceHogs this season on WIFR's 23.2 Antenna TV. The games can also be viewed on Comcast Cable channel 434, Charter Cable channel 194, Dish Network channel 252 or Mediacom 102 in the Rockford market and online through watchtheAHL.com. Each TV broadcast will start with "IceHogs Warm Up" 30 minutes prior to puck drop. Fans can also listen to the action for free at sportsfanradio1330.com, facebook.com/rockfordicehogs and IceHogs.com. For a complete listing of TV stations carrying IceHogs games, visit IceHogs.com, and for the complete schedule of radio broadcasts, visit sportsfanradio1330.com. TICKETS ON SALE FOR 2018-19!
IceHogs individual game tickets can be purchased by calling (815) 968-5222 to reserve your seats for any regular season home game during the 2018-19 season. Tickets can also be purchased online at IceHogs.com, in person at the BMO Harris Bank Center Box Office in downtown Rockford or at any Ticketmaster outlet, including Walmart.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 19, 2019
- Defenseman McArdle Assigned to Indy - Rockford IceHogs
- Chicago Acquires Former First-Rounder Holland for Raddysh - Rockford IceHogs
- Week 20 Report: Surging Hogs Win 8 of 10 - Rockford IceHogs
- Manitoba Moose Weekly: February 19 - Manitoba Moose
- The Rocket this Week - Laval Rocket
- Reign Sign Cliff Watson to PTO - Ontario Reign
- Moose Games to Air on TSN2 - Manitoba Moose
- Syracuse Crunch Accepting Nominations for Grandparent of the Year - Syracuse Crunch
- Blackout Cancer Jersey Auction Raises Record Amount - Bakersfield Condors
- Phantoms Power Play - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Bears Weekly: Streaking Bears Make History, Climb in Standings - Hershey Bears
- Syracuse Crunch Weekly â?? February 19, 2019 - Syracuse Crunch
- First-Place Griffins Finish Homestand, Travel to Chicago - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Dal Colle Returned on Loan to Bridgeport - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Penguins Weekly: Penguins Host Hershey and Rockford in Pair of Upcoming Home Games - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Canucks Sign Goaltender Michael Leighton, Recall Ashton Sautner - Utica Comets
- Wolf Pack Release Derek Pratt from PTO - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Jets Recall Tucker Poolman from the Manitoba Moose - Manitoba Moose
- Blue Jackets Recall Adam Clendening, Assign Kole Sherwood to Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- Flyers Recall G Brian Elliott from Phantoms - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Florida Panthers Loan G Sam Montembeault to Springfield - Springfield Thunderbirds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rockford IceHogs Stories
- IceHogs Defenseman of the Year Cody Franson Returns to Club for Upcoming Season
- Stateline Teachers, Today Is the Last Day to Enter to Win $100 with the IceHogs and BMO Harris Bank
- Former IceHogs Johns and Rutta Collide in 2020 Stanley Cup Final
- Stateline Teachers: Win $100 with the IceHogs and BMO Harris Bank =F0=9F=8D=8E
- Rockford IceHogs & BMO Harris Bank Launch #BacktoSchoolwithBMO to Support Stateline Teachers