WATERTOWN WOLVES at DANVILLE DASHERS
Dashers Over Wolves in OT, 4-3
The Danville Dashers snap a 3 game losing streak against Watertown on a cold night in Danville Illinois.
The game started out with a bang offensively with both teams scoring in the 1st period. The first two goals came from Danville with Kyle Stevens and Matt Coleman both getting the puck past the Watertown net minder to give the Dashers a 2-0 lead.
Watertown would answer back with two straight goals of their own, one in the first and one in the second coming from Tyler Gjurich and Lester Brown.
Danville would answer back to start the third period off of the strength of an Andrew Harrison goal to give the Dashers the lead and what looked like the W in regulation.
Watertown would not go quietly and with under 3 minutes to go in the game, Gavin Yates would breakaway from the Dashers defense and put one between the legs of Aaron Taylor to tie the game back up at 3 all.
Puck possession went back and forth in overtime with it looking like we would go to a shootout but then Ben Boukal sent a pass over to Andrew Harrison who deflected it over to Jimmy Soper who just managed to get it past Cody Karpinski wtih 3:24 remaining to give the Dashers the win.
Both of these teams will meet again tomorrow evening at 5:00 CST in a rubber match to decide the 3 game series.
• Discuss this story on the Federal Hockey League message board...
Federal Hockey League Stories from January 9, 2018
- NORTH SHORE KNIGHTS at CORNWALL NATIONALS - Nats Come From Behind to Knock Off Knights - Carolina Thunderbirds
- FHL Ice Chips - Game Recaps - Carolina Thunderbirds
- WATERTOWN WOLVES at DANVILLE DASHERS - Carolina Thunderbirds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Carolina Thunderbirds Stories
- Thunderbirds Eliminated from the Playoffs in the Longest Game in FHL History
- Yates Hat-Trick Gives Wolves Dramatic Overtime Victory
- Thunderbirds Dominate Prowlers 4-1
- Thunderbirds End Prowlers Winning Streak Again, Beat Port Huron 4-1
- Carolina Scores 3 Unanswered Late, Fall 5-3 to Port Huron