Washington Spirit Waives Goalkeeper Kelsey Wys
Boyds, Md. - The Washington Spirit has waived goalkeeper Kelsey Wys at her request in order to pursue opportunities overseas. The 27-year-old goalkeeper from Florida State University played three seasons with the Spirit, making 34 appearances for the club.
During her first season with the club in 2015, Wys played in 11 games, recording two clean sheets. In 2016, she appeared in 12 games over course of the regular season and postseason, earning two clean sheets and making 61 saves, and started the 2016 NWSL Championship match.
Wys did not appear in any regular season games for the Spirit in 2017 due to injury. She made one appearance for the Spirit in 2018, playing a full 90 minutes against the Chicago Red Stars.
• Discuss this story on the National Women's Soccer League message board...
National Women's Soccer League Stories from January 11, 2019
- Washington Spirit Waives Goalkeeper Kelsey Wys - Washington Spirit
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Washington Spirit Stories
- Bledsoe Stars as Spirit Wrap Season with 0-0 Draw at Portland
- Spirit Visit Portland to Face Thorns in Season Finale
- Matthews Shines in Jamaica's Olympic Qualifiers
- Lavelle, Pugh, Sullivan Conclude 2019 Victory Tour as Jill Ellis Coaches Final Match for US
- Spirit Blow Past Orlando in 3-0 Road Victory