Washington Spirit Appoint Lindsay Barenz as President of Business Operations
Leesburg, Va. - The Washington Spirit are proud to announce that Lindsay Barenz will join the front office staff as the new President of Business Operations. Barenz will join the Spirit after serving as the Vice President of Business Development for the National Women's Soccer League.
In her previous role with the NWSL, Barenz led the sale of the league's broadcast rights to CBS and Twitch. Barenz also helped secure several league-wide partnership deals with companies including Google, Verizon, Secret Deodorant and Barkbox. Prior to joining the NWSL's front office, Barenz served as the Vice President of Strategic Business Development and General Counsel for the Utah Royals FC, Real Salt Lake, and Real Monarchs and was Real Salt Lake's Alternate Governor on Major League Soccer's Board of Governors.
"I am so excited to join the Spirit, a club that stands for excellence on and off the field," said Barenz. "We are just beginning to realize the potential - the financial and social impact potential of women's soccer. I am proud to be a part of this transformation and realization with a team like the Spirit."
Barenz previously lived in the Washington, D.C. area where she spent time as a union activist and later as a member of the Obama Administration in the White House Office of Management and Budget. Barenz also has entrepreneurial and legal experience. She founded Maxamoo Inc., a digital media company in New York City covering arts, culture, theater, and performance, and she was a mergers and acquisitions attorney with the law firm Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP. In 2015, Barenz managed Jackie Biskupski's campaign for Mayor of Salt Lake City, electing the first openly gay mayor of Utah's capital city.
"We are thrilled to welcome Lindsay to the Washington Spirit family," said Spirit Co-Owner Y. Michele Kang. "We are in the midst of a major transformation taking women's sports and the Washington Spirit to new heights. With her league experience and passion for the game, Lindsay is a perfect leader to help navigate through this critical growth stage. We are lucky to have her."
A native of Centerville, Utah and a graduate of the University of Utah and Yale Law School, Barenz sits on the Board of Directors for the Planned Parenthood Association of Utah.
With women's soccer continuing to grow in the United States and across the globe, Barenz joins the Spirit in what has been an exciting month for the club.
Barenz will officially join the club on March 15.
• Discuss this story on the National Women's Soccer League message board...
National Women's Soccer League Stories from February 23, 2021
- Orlando Pride Signs Forward Crystal Thomas Ahead of 2021 Campaign - Orlando Pride
- Timbers, Thorns FC Announce Multi-Year Partnership with TikTok - Portland Thorns FC
- Goalkeeper Karen Bardsley Joins on Loan from Manchester City - OL Reign
- Washington Spirit Appoint Lindsay Barenz as President of Business Operations - Washington Spirit
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Washington Spirit Stories
- Washington Spirit to Train in the Palm Beaches, Florida from March 1 Through March 21
- Washington Spirit and Sandy Spring Bank Renew Sponsorship Agreement in a Multi-Year Deal
- Washington Spirit and Shenandoah University Announce New Partnership to Benefit Spirit Players, Shenandoah Students and Faculty and the Community
- Andi Sullivan, Kelley O'Hara and Emily Sonnett Announced as US Allocated Players
- Spirit Renew Partnership with SuperFD for the 2021 Season