Warriors Suit up for Kidney Foundation
The Moose Jaw Warriors are proud to continue the Western Hockey League's partnership with RE/MAX and Don Cherry to promote organ donation this Saturday when they take on the Vancouver Giants.
7620047561500This Saturday the Warriors will wear special edition "Don Cherry" jerseys to help promote organ donation. The specialty themed jerseys will be auctioned off with the proceeds going to Saskatchewan Branch of the Kidney Foundation of Canada. In addition to the game-worn Warriors jerseys, fans will have the chance to win one Don Cherry autographed jersey.
Don Cherry bobbleheads will be handed out along with limited edition Don Cherry Upper Deck trading cards and RE/MAX lip balms.
"Thanks to our longstanding WHL sponsor RE/MAX, we are proud to partner with Don Cherry and his family in promoting organ donation and support for local Kidney Foundations," commented WHL Commissioner Ron Robison. "Our WHL markets in Western Canada provide an ideal venue to promote important causes such as this and we look forward to working with our friends at RE/MAX to raise further awareness of the importance of organ donation."
The Kidney Foundation is a cause close to the Cherry Family as Don's son, Tim, received a kidney transplant from his sister Cindy. With close to 4,500 Canadians awaiting organ donation today - 76 per cent whom require a kidney - the Cherry family, RE/MAX and the WHL have come together to create the WHL Suits Up with Don Cherry to Promote Organ Donation - Presented by RE/MAX awareness campaign in support of The Kidney Foundation.
"RE/MAX of Western Canada is excited to partner with the Cherry Family and the WHL to help promote the importance of organ donation," said Elton Ash, Regional Executive Vice President, RE/MAX of Western Canada. "These themed games will be fun for fans, and will help generate support for The Kidney Foundation of Canada."
To sign up to be a donor visit www.CanadaDonates.ca for more details.
The auction for the special edition game-worn jerseys will be take place on Saturday, October 14 during the Warriors and Vancouver Giants game. It will begin when the doors open at 6pm and will close at the start of the third period. All winning bids will be announced in the third period and the jerseys will be presented to the winners by the players at the conclusion of the game.
Tickets for this Saturday's game are available online at www.mjwarriors.ca or at the Mosaic Place Box Office.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from October 10, 2017
- Pats Acquire Sidaway and a Pick from Kootenay - Regina Pats
- Travel Discounts for Being a Rockets Fan - Kelowna Rockets
- CHL Announces Weekly Award Winners - WHL
- Blazers Week in Review, October 10 - Kamloops Blazers
- Raiders Claim Sapego from Tri-City - Prince Albert Raiders
- Rockets Office in Onesies to Support Mental Health - Kelowna Rockets
- Warriors Suit up for Kidney Foundation - Moose Jaw Warriors
- Winterhawks Acquire 3rd-Round Pick from Wheat Kings - Portland Winterhawks
- WHL Announces Weekly Award Winners - WHL
- CHIEFS NEWSLETTER: Kral Headed to Spokane... Toporowski Steps Away - Spokane Chiefs
- OIL KINGS THIS WEEK (October10-15) - Edmonton Oil Kings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.