Warriors Make Coaching Change
Moose Jaw Warriors General Manager Alan Millar has announced that the team has relieved Tim Hunter of his coaching duties.Â Associate Coach Mark O'Leary has been named the new Head Coach of the Moose Jaw Warriors.
O'Leary is currently in his eighth season with the organization and joined the Warriors coaching staff as an Assistant Coach in 2012 - 2013.Â He was promoted to Associate Coach in 2018 - 2019.Â O'Leary served as Head Coach for 35 games from 2016 to 2019 while Tim Hunter was with Hockey Canada at the World Junior Hockey Championships, during that time he posted a record of 24-6-4-1.
Hunter joined the Warriors for the 2014 - 2015 season.Â He was on the Warriors bench for 356 games and finished with a 189-134-25-8 record.Â Hunter ranks first all-time in wins and is second all-time in games coached.Â Under Hunter, the Warriors made the playoffs from 2016 to 2019.Â He was Canada's Head Coach at the 2019 IIHF World Junior Hockey Championships and served as an Assistant Coach at the event in 2017 and 2018.
The Warriors return to Mosaic Place Wednesday when they take on the Edmonton Oil Kings.Â Tickets are available at the Mosaic Place Box Office or online at www.mjwarriors.ca.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from January 6, 2020
- Americans Acquire Lawson from Edmonton - Tri-City Americans
- Warriors Make Coaching Change - Moose Jaw Warriors
- Oil Kings Trade Aidan Lawson to Tri-City Americans - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Connor McClennon Named WHL on the Run Player of the Week - Winnipeg Ice
- Hockey Fights Cancer Night Is this Weekend - Moose Jaw Warriors
- Jiri Patera Named WHL Goaltender of the Week - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Wheat Kings' Patera Named WHL Eli Wilson Goaltending Goaltender of the Week - WHL
- ICE's McClennon Named WHL On the Run Player of the Week - WHL
- Americans Name Hrabik New Captain - Tri-City Americans
- Davis Traded to Lethbridge - Red Deer Rebels
- Hurricanes Acquire Davis from Red Deer - Lethbridge Hurricanes
- Arnold and Leduc Added to Long-Term Injured List - Spokane Chiefs
- Tigers Skills Competition Brought to You by A&W Announced - Medicine Hat Tigers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.