Warriors Fall to Blue, 129-125
SANTA CRUZ, CA - The Santa Cruz Warriors (15-11) opened a six game homestand with a 129-125 loss to the Oklahoma City Blue (11-16) Saturday night at a sold-out Kaiser Permanente Arena.
Alen Smailagic, on assignment from the Golden State Warriors, scored 20 points on 8-of-13 shooting and had seven rebounds. Jeremy Pargo led all Sea Dubs with 26 points and six assists, while Andrew Harrison led the reserve unit with 21 points and two steals.
Both teams opened the game shooting better than 50 percent from the field. Santa Cruz took a 39-37 lead after the first quarter, but the Blue went on a 19-4 run to finish the first half to take an 82-66 advantage into the break. Kadeem Jack came off the bench for 22 points in the first half and finished the game with 26 points and 12 rebounds.
After being outscored 45-27 in the second quarter, the Warriors came out strong and created their own 19-4 run to finish the third quarter and bring the deficit to single digits, 101-95, heading into the fourth. The Sea Dubs regained the lead in a back-and-forth fourth quarter, but the Blue went on a 10-0 run to go up 122-112 with under three minutes to play. Santa Cruz answered back with an 8-0 run to cut the deficit to 122-120 before the Blue held on for the four-point victory.
Abdul Gaddy led the Blue with 27 points and seven assists, while Devon Hall had 23 points and five rebounds.
The Blue finished the game shooting 55 percent from the floor and connected on 16-of-37 from beyond the arc (43%), while Santa Cruz shot 49 percent from the floor and hit 18-of-42 from 3-point territory (43%). Both teams finished with 42 rebounds and 19 assists.
The Warriors continue their six-game homestand against the Wisconsin Herd (20-5) on Friday, January 24 at 7 p.m. Fans can view Saturday's game on NBC Sports Bay Area Plus or stream on the NBC Sports MyTeams App. The first 1,500 fans in the building will receive a D'Angelo Russell bobblehead.
For more information on the Santa Cruz Warriors 2019-20 NBA G League season, presented by Kaiser Permanente, visit santacruzbasketball.com or call (831) 713-4400.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 19, 2020
- Hall Paces Knicks in Win over Western Conference Leaders - Westchester Knicks
- Knicks Beat Go-Go, Reach .500 for First Time this Season - Westchester Knicks
- Legends Rebound with Big Win over RGV - Texas Legends
- Warriors Fall to Blue, 129-125 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Vipers Win Streak Snapped by Texas at Home - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Santa Cruz Warriors Stories
- Warriors Assign Jonathan Kuminga and Moses Moody to Santa Cruz
- Warriors Recall Jonathan Kuminga and Moses Moody from Santa Cruz
- Santa Cruz Warriors Drop to South Bay Lakers, 107-103
- Chandler Hutchison Flex-Assigned to Santa Cruz Warriors
- Santa Cruz Warriors Fall to South Bay Lakers, 131-110