Wale Headlines Dynamo Opening Day Entertainment
HOUSTON - Grammy-nominated hip-hop artist Wale will bring his signature blend of pop culture-infused lyrics and Go-Go inspired rhythm to Houston to help kick off the Houston Dynamo season on Saturday, March 3 as part of Opening Day presented by Pepsi Zero Sugar.
Wale will take the stage in the Bud Light Beer Garden at 1:15 p.m. CST that afternoon to get people in the mood for a great time before kickoff. Bud Light Beer Garden ticket packages start at $29 and include a ticket to the Dynamo's home opener against Atlanta United FC, admission to the Wale concert and two pregame drinks.
Wale continues a theme of popular high-energy artists performing on Dynamo Opening Day. Houston-based group The Suffers opened up the 2016 Dynamo season at BBVA Compass Stadium, while Austin-based Grupo Fantasma headlined the 2017 festivities.
Once inside the stadium, the entertainment continues when world-renowned vocalist Lisa Harris performs the national anthem. Harris, a Houston native who has performed on stages around the globe, says on her website that she believes in "fun, freedom, and feeling good" - making her a perfect fit for a Dynamo game.
Also, as part of the pre-game festivities, fans will have the thrill of once again witnessing a high-speed, low altitude rescue helicopter flyover by the United States Coast Guard. Now a Dynamo tradition, the U.S. Coast Guard has performed flyovers for the team, including Opening Day and the MLS Cup Playoffs, every year since 2010.
The Dynamo open the 2018 season, fueled by 76®, on Saturday, March 3 at BBVA Compass Stadium against Atlanta United FC. Opening Day is presented by Pepsi Zero Sugar. Tickets for that game, as well as each of the Dynamo's first nine regular-season home matches, are available online at HoustonDynamo.com, by phone at 713-276-GOAL and at the BBVA Compass Stadium box office.
2018 Dynamo 365 Season Ticket Memberships are available starting at only $310 and include tickets to every Dynamo regular season home game, along with tickets to the 10th Annual BBVA Compass Dynamo Charities Cup, exclusive presale opportunities for international friendlies and concerts at BBVA Compass Stadium, and access to Members-only events throughout the year.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from February 14, 2018
- Red Bulls and Sporting Kansas City Play to 1-1 Preseason Draw - New York Red Bulls
- Impact Wins 2-1 against Chicago Fire - Montreal Impact
- Fire Fall 2-1 to the Montreal Impact in Preseason Action - Chicago Fire
- Timbers Draw Houston Dynamo 1-1 in Preseason Match - Portland Timbers
- Dynamo Open Preseason Tournament with 1-1 Draw against Portland - Houston Dynamo
- Revolution Draw with FC Dallas, 2-2, in First Match of Mobile Mini Sun Cup - New England Revolution
- D.C. United, DC SCORES, and Screaming Eagles Announce Strategic Partnership - D.C. United
- FC Dallas Announces 2018 Broadcast Details - FC Dallas
- New York Red Bulls Acquire Fourth Round SuperDraft Pick from Toronto FC - New York Red Bulls
- Toronto FC Signs Caleb Patterson-Sewell - Toronto FC
- Wale Headlines Dynamo Opening Day Entertainment - Houston Dynamo
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Houston Dynamo Stories
- Game Notes: Houston Dynamo vs. New York City FC - Friday, May 25 - 7:55 p.m. CDT
- Dynamo Rally for First Road Win, Top Chicago 3-2
- Three Points: Dynamo Have Feet to the Fire on National TV
- Two Houston Venues to Host 2019 CONCACAF Gold Cup Matches
- Game Notes: Houston Dynamo at Chicago Fire - Sunday, May 20