Vipers Fall in OT to Spurs
AUSTIN, Texas - The Rio Grande Valley Vipers (6-18) were defeated in overtime by Austin Spurs (12-9) 117-119 on the road on Sunday afternoon.
Houston Rockets assignee Chris Clemons scored a career-high of 40 points for RGV. The last time a Vipers player scored over 40 points was two-way player Michael Frazier with 43 of his own on January 28, 2019 at Sioux Falls.
Three more Vipers players hit the double-digits; Isaiah Taylor (16), Frazier (14) and two-way player William Howard (13). Howard hit a double-double with his 13 points and 10 defensive boards while contributing three assists and four steals.
Matur Maker nearly hit a double-double with eight points and 11 rebounds while adding two assists, one steal and two blocks.
Meanwhile, five players for the Spurs scored in the double-figures; San Antonio Spurs assignee Keldon Johnson (24, team-high), Spurs assignee Luka Samanic (21), Angel Rodriguez (16), Spurs assignee Chimezie Metu (15) and two-way player Drew Eubanks (10). Samanic earned a double-double with his 21 points and 12 rebounds.
The Vipers continue their road trip as they confront the Stockton Kings on Tuesday, Jan. 7 at 9 p.m. CT. For more information, contact the RGV Vipers at 956-56-ARENA or visit www.rgvipers.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 5, 2020
- Austin Spurs Defeat Rio Grande Valley Vipers 119-117 in Second-Straight Overtime Game - Austin Spurs
- Birthday Treat: Daxter Miles Jr. Powers Suns to Win on his Special Day - Northern Arizona Suns
- Vipers Fall in OT to Spurs - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Mulder, Skyforce Lights out in 129-115 Win over Stockton - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Long Island Battles Back in Second Half But Falls to Wisconsin - Long Island Nets
- Oklahoma City Drops Game to Go-Go - Oklahoma City Blue
- Herd Totals Seventeenth Win of the Season, Beats Long Island 140-128 - Wisconsin Herd
- Fields Goes for 20-20 in First Win of 2020 - Texas Legends
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rio Grande Valley Vipers Stories
- Vipers Update Regarding G League Suspension
- Vipers Statement on NBA Suspending Season
- Iowa Over-Powers Vipers
- RGV Vipers Weekly Update: March 9-15
- Hartenstein Posts 34-Points in Vipers Win over Suns