Veteran Francisco Ugarte to Return this Season
The Tulsa Roughnecks FC and Head Coach David Vaudreuil revealed another addition to the 2018 roster as it was announced that Francisco Ugarte has been re-signed and will be back in Tulsa for the upcoming season. Ugarte will return for his second season with the Roughnecks.
"We are very excited that Francisco is returning," said Vaudreuil. "He provided veteran leadership and experience on and off the field last season and will be a good addition to this year's squad."
The 31-year-old returns after appearing in 25 matches in 2017 while starting 19 of them. In April of last year, Ugarte's strong defense earned him a spot on the USL Team of the Week. The central defender will return to playing a number of roles on the TRFC back line.
Prior to spending last season with the Roughnecks, he came from FC Albstadt in Germany where he played for two seasons. He also spent time with TSG Balingen and VfB Stuttgart in Germany.
The defender is from Chili and has also played several seasons in that country.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League message board...
United Soccer League Stories from January 30, 2018
- San Antonio FC Announces 2018 Preseason Schedule - San Antonio FC
- Veteran Francisco Ugarte to Return this Season - Tulsa Roughnecks FC
- Tampa Bay Rowdies Fortify Back Line with Addition - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- Real Monarchs SLC Sign Goalkeeper Jake Leeker - Real Monarchs SLC
- Roughnecks Sign Attacker Eti Tavares - Tulsa Roughnecks FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.