Utah Royals FC Unveils 2018 NWSL Opening Dates
SANDY, Utah - In conjunction with the National Women's Soccer League, today the Utah Royals FC announced details for its 2018 home and road openers, the Club kicking off its inaugural NWSL season on Saturday, March 24 at Orlando Pride FC (5:30 p.m. MT).
As previously announced, Utah Royals FC christen its Rio Tinto Stadium home on Saturday, April 14; today's announcement reveals that the club's Inaugural Home Game will be featured as the nationally-televised NWSL Game of the Week on Lifetime, with a 1:30 p.m. MT kickoff against the Chicago Red Stars.
The complete Utah Royals FC / NWSL regular-season schedule, along with the NWSL Game of the Week on Lifetime national television schedule, will be announced on Tuesday, Feb. 20. The Utah club's local television, radio and streaming schedule will also be unveiled in the near future.
Visit www.UtahRoyalsFC.com or call 844.Real.Tix NOW to access 2018 Season Tickets (starting as low as $10 per game) and Flex Vouchers. Individual seats for the April 14 opener, starting at $15 and up depending on location, in the heavily-anticipated kickoff are now on sale, with the remainder of the 2018 schedule on sale in March.
Led by Head Coach Laura Harvey and building a roster that already includes U.S. Women's National Team Captain Becky Sauerbrunn, USA stars Kelley O'Hara and Amy Rodriguez, Canadian internationals Desiree Scott, Diana Matheson and Maegan Kelly, Icelandic star Gunnhildur Jonsdottir, Australian international Katrina Gorry and New Zealand national teamer Katie Bowen, Utah Royals FC kick off its inaugural campaign with road games on the weekends of both March 24 and March 31 prior to an international break in early April, finally christening its Rio Tinto Stadium home on Saturday, April 14.
Harvey's team kicks off preseason at the club's facility in Herriman, Utah - just 15 minutes from Utah Royals FC's Rio Tinto Stadium home - this Monday, February 19. Following the first eleven days of camp, Utah will play its first scrimmage against the BYU women's soccer team on Saturday, March 3 (site/time TBD). After another week in Utah, the second leg of camp occurs in Southern California, the team embarking on a six-day trip to Los Angeles from March 12-17, where the team will face the UCLA Bruins on Friday, March 16 at 10:00 a.m. MT at Frank Marshall Field.
The majority of the club's international group is expected to return to the Wasatch Front on Friday, March 9, just in time for Real Salt Lake's home opener against LAFC on March 10, where the Utah Royals FC will be signing autographs and meeting fans at Carnival Real at Rio Tinto Stadium (details TBD). Utah Royals FC will then kick off the 2018 NWSL regular season on the road the weekends of March 24 and 31, before hosting their inaugural home game on Saturday, April 14 at Rio Tinto Stadium.
UTAH ROYALS FC 2018 PRESEASON SCHEDULE (subject to change):
Preseason camp opens at Zions Bank Training Center in Herriman, UT:
Preseason Leg #1 - Zions Bank Real Academy in Herriman, UT
Monday, February 19 - Saturday, March 10
Camp Opens: Monday, Feb. 19 - morning
Media Day: Friday, Feb. 23 - afternoon
Scrimmage #1: Saturday, March 3 - vs. BYU (time/site TBD) ***The Zions Bank Real Academy in Herriman - located at 14787 South Academy Parkway
- MUST be entered off of Mountain View Corridor, just West of the Facility***
• Discuss this story on the National Women's Soccer League message board...
National Women's Soccer League Stories from February 16, 2018
- Houston Dash to Host Chicago Red Stars in Home Opener on March 25 - Houston Dash
- Washington Spirit to Host Orlando Pride on March 31 in Regular Season Home Opener - Washington Spirit
- Utah Royals FC Unveils 2018 NWSL Opening Dates - Utah Royals FC
- Seattle Reign FC Announce 2018 Home Opener - Seattle Reign FC
- Red Stars Announce 2018 NWSL Home Opener - Chicago Red Stars
- Home Openers Unveiled for 2018 NWSL Season - NWSL
- Thorns FC to Face Orlando Pride in 2018 Home Opener on April 15 - Portland Thorns FC
- Sky Blue FC Announces 2018 Home Opener - Sky Blue FC
- Orlando Pride to Open 2018 Season at Home on March 24 vs. Utah Royals FC - Orlando Pride
- Orlando Pride Signs Forward Chioma Ubogagu to New Contract - Orlando Pride
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Utah Royals FC Stories
- Utah Royals FC Close out Preseason with 4-1 Victory at UCLA
- Triple-Platinum Artist Rachel Platten to Perform at Rio Tinto Stadium with April 14th Utah Royals FC Home Opener
- Utah Royals FC Preseason Roster Update
- Utah Royals FC Unveils Inaugural Season Slate
- Utah Royals FC Unveils 2018 NWSL Opening Dates