Utah Royals FC Preseason Roster Update
SANDY, UT - Entering the third week of the National Women's Soccer League (NWSL) preseason, the Utah Royals FC have released their updated preseason roster for the week of March 5, Head Coach Laura Harvey announced today.
The team continues to observe the performances of numerous players away on international duty, with various club members playing in the prestigious #SheBelieves Cup in the United States, and others in the highly-competitive Algarve Cup in Portugal. Included in this group are: Canadian WNT members Diana Matheson,Desiree Scott, and Maegan Kelly (Algarve Cup); Katrina Gorry with the Matildas of Australia (Algarve Cup),Gunnhildur "Gunny" Jonsdottir for Iceland (Algarve Cup), Kelley O'Hara with the United States (#SheBelieves), Elise Thorsnes with Norway (Algarve Cup), Katie Bowen with New Zealand (international friendlies), and Rachel Corsie for Scotland (international friendlies).
While the international members will be out of market until their respective national team duties are completed, the Utah Royals FC continue preseason training locally in Utah with a group of NWSL veterans this week, prior to next Monday's trip to Southern California. The Utah Royals FC will play their final preseason friendly on Friday, March 16, against UCLA in Westwood at 10:00 a.m. MT.
Prior to the club's departure, the full roster for Harvey's inaugural season squad will participate in festivities this Saturday at Rio Tinto Stadium surrounding Real Salt Lake's 2018 opener v. LAFC (1:30 p.m. MT). Pregame, the Royals FC players and staff will be on the Stadium's East Side lawn in Carnival Real beginning at 11:30 a.m. MT. The entire side of the NWSL organization will later be introduced formally at halftime of the MLS contest.
2018 UTAH ROYALS FC PRESEASON ROSTER (as of Monday, March 5, 2018)
GOALKEEPERS (4): Nicole Barnhart, EJ Proctor (CDP), Abby Smith, Becca Ritchie (NRI)
DEFENDERS (12): Taylor Isom (CDP), Sydney Miramontez, Rebecca Moros, Becky Sauerbrunn (FED-USA), Brooke Elby, Kendall Johnson (NRI), Jordan O'Brien (NRI), Natalie Norris (NRI), Rachel Corsie (OM; NRI), Alex Arlitt (OM), Kelley O'Hara (FED-USA; NYR), Brittany Kolmel (NYR)
MIDFIELDERS (14): Annie Hawkins (NRI), Lo'eau LaBonta, Amanda Laddish, Taylor Lytle, Alexa Newfield, Erika Tymrak, Allie Wisner (NRI), Collette Smith (NRI), Lydia Simmonds (NRI), Gunny Jonsdottir (OM), Diana Matheson (FED-CAN; NYR), Desiree Scott (FED-CAN; NYR), Katrina Gorry (NYR), Meagan Kelly (NYR)
FORWARDS (6): Brittany Ratcliffe, Amy Rodriguez (FED-USA), Katie Stengel, Victoria Shimkus (NRI), Elise Thorsnes (NYR), Katie Bowen (NYR)
FED - 2018 Federation Player
CDP - 2018 NWSL College Draft pick
NRI - Non-Roster Invitee
NYR - Not Yet Reported to Camp
OM - Out of Market
• Discuss this story on the National Women's Soccer League message board...
National Women's Soccer League Stories from March 5, 2018
- Utah Royals FC Preseason Roster Update - Utah Royals FC
- NC Courage Preseason Roster Update - North Carolina Courage
- Chicago Updates Preseason Roster - Chicago Red Stars
- Sky Blue FC Reduces Preseason Roster - Sky Blue FC
- Washington Spirit Announces Updated NWSL Preseason Roster - Washington Spirit
- Orlando Pride Preseason Roster Update - Orlando Pride
- Reign FC Announce Updated Preseason Roster - Seattle Reign FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Utah Royals FC Stories
- Utah Royals FC Defender Becky Sauerbrunn Named to NWSL Best XI
- Utah Royals FC Continue Playoff Push Saturday at Sky Blue FC
- Utah Royals FC Defeat Washington Spirit 1-0 at Rio Tinto Stadium
- Utah Royals FC Capture Comeback with 2-1 Win in Houston
- Utah Royals FC Staves off N.C. Courage in Scoreless Draw