Utah Royals FC Host Houston Dash on Saturday in Lifetime NWSL Game of the Week from Rio Tinto Stadium
Sandy, UT - Utah Royals FC (1-1-5, 8 pts., NWSL 6th place) will return to Rio Tinto Stadium to take on the Houston Dash tomorrow, Saturday, May 19, at 1:30 p.m. MT as Lifetime TV's "NWSL Game of the Week." Utah Head Coach Laura Harvey and her first-year club looking to extend its active four-game unbeaten run.
URFC played Houston to a scoreless draw in late March at BBVA Compass Stadium, setting up the clubs' rematch Saturday. Back on March 30, Harvey's crew dominated play in every statistical category, and held a majority of the match's possession (66%).
"Houston is now more of a threat going forward. Their shape hasn't changed too much, but I think it has evolved," said Harvey on Houston's early-season changes due to player acquisitions and returns from injury. "Houston is more of a threat on the counter attack- they have a little bit more bite to them.
The Dash arrive in Utah holding 7th place in the overall NWSL standings, with a record of 1-3-4 (7 points), and 12 goals allowed - the most of any team in the league. This season marks former South Africa Women's National team coach Vera Pauw's first year in the league, and the first time that the Dash will play at the fortress of Rio Tinto Stadium. One person familiar with the venue is Dash forward Kealia Ohai, who grew up just a few miles from URFC's home turf. Ohai, who is often regarded as the best female player to ever come out of Utah, returns to the same stadium where she won four-consecutive 5A State Championships for Alta High School. The 2014 second-overall college draft pick is just returning to the game from an ACL tear sustained last season.
URFC will celebrate Armed Forces Day on Saturday afternoon by letting all former and current members of the military in to the game for free, using the promo code: CAMO. There will also be a half-time event to commemorate those who serve our country.
How to Follow Utah Royals FC v. Houston Dash - Sat., May 19, 2018
Coverage Begins: 1:30 p.m. MT
National TV: Lifetime TV (Comcast 664 HD) / DirecTV 252 / Dish 108
Digital Streaming (LIVE): Lifetime TV app or www.myLifetime.com
Local Radio: ESPN700 AM (1:00 p.m. MT) w/ Greg Wrubell & Carla Haslam
This weekend's match is the final game of a four-game home campaign at the fortress of Rio Tinto Stadium. In the inaugural match at Rio Tinto Stadium -- welcoming over 19,000 screaming fans -- FW Elise Thorsnes and MF Gunny Jonsdottir both found opportunities in front of the frame but were unable to capitalize. USWNT forward Amy Rodriguez also made her return to the pitch, subbing in late in the game after 363 days of ACL surgery rehab and recovery. A solid possession game gave URFC chances in the attack, but a world-class volley in the first-half from the Chicago midfielder left the team trailing 1-0 for a majority of the match.
Born less than a year ago and already supported by nearly 6,000 season ticket holders, Utah Royals FC tickets are available by calling 844.Real.Tix or visiting www.UtahRoyalsFC.com.
• Discuss this story on the National Women's Soccer League message board...
National Women's Soccer League Stories from May 18, 2018
- Seattle at Home for Saturday Night Match vs Chicago Red Stars - Seattle Reign FC
- Sky Blue FC Hosts Top-Ranked Courage on Saturday Night - Sky Blue FC
- First-Place North Carolina Courage Kick off Four-Game Road Trip at Sky Blue FC - North Carolina Courage
- Washington Spirit Returns Home for Saturday Night Matchup with Portland Thorns FC - Washington Spirit
- Utah Royals FC Host Houston Dash on Saturday in Lifetime NWSL Game of the Week from Rio Tinto Stadium - Utah Royals FC
- North Carolina Courage Sign Michele Dalton as Goalkeeper Replacement - North Carolina Courage
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Utah Royals FC Stories
- Utah Royals FC Select Three Players in 2019 NWSL Draft
- Utah Royals FC Introduces Utah Royals FC Reserves as WPSL Affiliate
- Utah Royals FC Signs Spanish MF Veronica Boquete
- Utah Royals FC Trio Called to USWNT Camp
- Utah Royals FC FW Amy Rodriguez Named 2018 URFC Humanitarian of the Year