USL Expects 'Productive Two Weeks' as Winter Summit Goes All-Digital
The 2020/21 USL Winter Summit opened on Tuesday afternoon in its first digital iteration, with executives from across the USL Championship, League One and League Two set to convene online in the upcoming days for virtual meetings that will help shape the course of all three leagues for the upcoming year and beyond.
Traditionally the largest gathering in the United Soccer Leagues' calendar, this year's edition of the Winter Summit follows the course set by other major soccer conventions in moving online due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The opening week will include meetings of the Championship and League One Board of Governors and the League Two Executive Committee.
"We're looking forward to seeing everyone together in a digital environment," said USL President Jake Edwards. "Getting together, regardless of the setting, is one of the real highlights of our calendar year and we're looking forward to a productive two weeks."
Kicking off the Summit on Tuesday was the inaugural meeting of the USL Impact Committee. Formed following the conclusion of the 2020 season, the Impact Committee will bring together a diverse group of Championship and League One representatives that will serve as an advisory board to USL HQ and its clubs to provide recommendations on how to better identify and address areas of social impact and use soccer as a force for good.
The second week of the Winter Summit, opening on Monday, January 25, will focus on club services and business practices, with detailed tracks for league staff in the areas of Finance, Ticketing, Sponsorships and Communications available through online seminars and panels.
2020/21 USL Winter Summit Schedule
Tuesday, January 19
12 p.m. ET - USL Impact Committee
Wednesday, January 20
12 p.m. ET - USL League Two Executive Committee
3 p.m. ET - USL League One Presidents Roundtable
Thursday, January 21
12 p.m. ET - USL Championship Board of Governors
3 p.m. ET - USL League Two Business Strategy Committee
Friday, January 22
12 p.m. ET - USL League One Board of Governors
3 p.m. ET - USL Championship Presidents Roundtable
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from January 20, 2021
- San Antonio FC Signs Midfielder Emil Cuello - San Antonio FC
- Dave Carton Named Head Coach of Independence 2 - Charlotte Independence
- United Soccer League Launches Impact Committee, Somos Unidos Foundation Executive Director Named Committee Lead - New Mexico United
- FC Tulsa Set for Soft Opening of Team Shop on Saturday - FC Tulsa
- A Letter to Fans from Bruce Mandell - Hartford Athletic
- Republic FC Sign Midfielder Tucker Bone - Sacramento Republic FC
- Indy Eleven Represented on New USL Impact Committee - Indy Eleven
- USL Impact Committee Launches, Identifies Areas of Focus - USL
- USL Expects 'Productive Two Weeks' as Winter Summit Goes All-Digital - Louisville City FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.