USL Championship Releases 2021 League Alignment Ã¢ÂÂ Republic FC in Pacific Division
The USL Championship today announced its league alignment for the 2021 regular season. The league will feature 31 teams across four divisions and two conferences in the upcoming season, with the clubs set to embark on a 32-game regular-season schedule that will be conducted over 27 weeks.
The league office aligned four divisions across the country producing the Atlantic, Central, Mountain, and Pacific Division. The Mountain and Pacific Divisions will make up the Western Conference and the Atlantic and Central Division combined to make up the Eastern Conference.
Republic FC is included in the highly-competitive Pacific Division which features teams on the West Coast from Washington, Oregon, California, and Arizona. Sacramento's division includes defending Western Conference Title-holder Phoenix Rising FC, who knocked out Republic FC in the 2020 USL Playoffs.
LA Galaxy II
Las Vegas Lights FC
Oakland Roots SC
Phoenix Rising FC
Sacramento Republic FC
San Diego Loyal SC
During the regular season, each team will play its division opponents four times - twice home, twice away. In the Atlantic, Central, and Pacific Divisions, the four remaining games will be played against regional or cross-conference opponents.
Republic FC will get very familiar with teams in their division, one of them being the closest and newest to the USL Championship, Oakland Roots SC. The Pacific Division will be one of the most competitive and talent-ridden divisions in the league.
As previously announced, the Championship's regular season will begin on or about May 1st, while employing a flexible start date that allows clubs to begin play anywhere between April 24th and May 15th.
Republic FC is hosting open tryouts on March 6 and 7 where fans have a shot to join the boys in Old Glory Red for the upcoming 2021 USL Championship season. Register for open tryouts here.
The Indomitable Club's training camp begins in March and fans can follow for updates on the club at sacrepublicfc.com.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from March 3, 2021
- RDA Weekend Recap - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- Get to Know: SRFC's Pacific Division - Sacramento Republic FC
- USL Championship Releases 2021 League Alignment Ã¢ÂÂ Republic FC in Pacific Division - Sacramento Republic FC
- Independence Complete Loan Deal for Midfielder Marcelo Palomino - Charlotte Independence
- Phoenix Rising FC Announces 2021 Preseason Schedule - Phoenix Rising FC
- Legion FC Set to Take on Atlanta United FC in Birmingham to Kickstart 2021 Preseason - Birmingham Legion FC
- Roots Division Opponents Announced for 2021 Season - Oakland Roots
- LA Galaxy II Sign Midfielder Victor Valdez - LA Galaxy II
- Miami FC to Compete in Atlantic Division Ahead of 2021 USL Championship Season - Miami FC
- Red Bulls II Bring Aboard Jeremy Rafanello - New York Red Bulls II
- Battery Open King Street Retail Pop-Up - Charleston Battery
- Austin Bold FC Re-Signs Midfielder Amobi Okugo for a Third Season - Austin Bold FC
- FC Tulsa Schedules Preseason Double Dip in Dallas against North Texas SC - FC Tulsa
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Sacramento Republic FC Stories
- SRFC Fullback Recognized as One of the League's Best
- Republic FC Take to National Stage on July 3 ESPN 2 Game
- By the Numbers: 2021 USL Championship Season
- Around the Leagues: USL Preseason Heating up and UCL Quarterfinals on the Horizon
- Sacramento State University Presents Kevin Nagle with Honorary Degree