USA Weekly: Team USA Ready to Regroup with U17 Home Opener
PLYMOUTH, Mich. - USA Hockey's National Team Development Program shapes up for a five-game week after dropping a combined four contests this past weekend.
The NTDP U18s continue their NCAA Series with matchups against the Ferris State Bulldogs (Oct. 8), Providence Friars (Oct. 12) and Holy Cross Crusaders (Oct. 13), all as the visiting team. The U18s played two of the schools last season, losing 3-1 to the Bulldogs in Big Rapids, Michigan before topping the Crusaders, 6-3, on New Year's Day at USA Hockey Arena.
The Under-17 Team will continue with their USHL schedule as they host the Muskegon Lumberjacks Friday night (Oct. 11) at USA Hockey Arena, then complete the home-and-home set at Muskegon Saturday (Oct. 12) evening. All fans at Friday's game will go home with the 2019-20 U17 team poster and can get them autographed on the concourse after the conclusion of the game.
In last week's action, the U18s dropped their first two games against collegiate competition, a 4-3 loss to Northern Michigan and a 4-2 final against Notre Dame. Forward Thomas Bordeleau (Houston, Texas) picked up his team-high fifth goal of the season and Luke Tuch (Baldwinsville, N.Y.) added a goal to maintain the team's total points lead with eight (4g-4a). Ty Smilanic (Denver, Colo.) was the lone U18 skater to record multiple points this weekend with a pair of assists in his first two games played this year.
The U17s traveled to Iowa for a pair of games against the Cedar Rapids RoughRiders on Friday and Saturday evenings. Forward Justin Janicke (Maple Grove, Minn.) paced the team with two goals and an assist for a three-point weekend. Chaz Lucius (Grant, Minn.) continued his strong start to the season as he picked up his 11th goal in eight games. Defenseman Aidan Hreschuk (Long Beach, Calif.) aided the scoring efforts as he collected his first goal of the season from the blueline on Saturday night.
Tickets for any Team USA home game can be purchased by visiting USAHockeyNTDP.com or by calling the USA Hockey Arena box office at 734-453-8400. All Team USA games may be streamed on available devices through HockeyTV. For all the latest information on the NTDP, follow the team on all social media @USAHockeyNTDP.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from October 7, 2019
- Scouts Note a Half-Dozen Hawks - Waterloo Black Hawks
- USA Weekly: Team USA Ready to Regroup with U17 Home Opener - U.S. National Team
- Seven Sioux City Musketeers Players on NHL Central Scouting Watch List - Sioux City Musketeers
- Ten Chicago Steel Players on NHL Central Scouting Watch List - Chicago Steel
- Gamblers Fall in Home Opener - Green Bay Gamblers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent U.S. National Team Stories
- USA Weekly: U18s Earn First NCAA Win; Five Games on Deck for Weekend
- Team USA to Host Second Annual Sensory-Friendly Game Sunday
- USA Hockey Signs BioSteel Sports Nutrition to Multi-Year Partner Agreement
- USA Weekly: Team USA Ready to Regroup with U17 Home Opener
- USA Weekly: Team USA Ready for Home Opener this Weekend