USA Hockey Signs BioSteel Sports Nutrition to Multi-Year Partner Agreement
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. - USA Hockey announced today that it has added BioSteel Sports Nutrition Inc. ("BioSteel") as an official sponsor of the organization. The multi-year agreement includes BioSteel's designation as the official isotonic beverage and official sports drink of USA Hockey.
Founded in 2009, BioSteel's focus on premium natural ingredients, product transparency, and identifying the essential nutrients needed to power physical activity has led to the brand achieving a reputation for being the hydration product provider of choice for high performance athletes.
As part of the agreement, BioSteel will help contribute to USA Hockey's education program, specifically related to hydration and overall sports nutrition.
"We're thrilled to have BioSteel as our newest corporate partner," said Pat Kelleher, executive director of USA Hockey. "Sports nutrition is a significant topic at all levels of our game and having an industry-leading company like BioSteel helping us educate athletes, coaches and parents is a real positive."
BioSteel will also serve as the title sponsor of the annual prospects game featuring top American-born players eligible for the upcoming NHL Draft and also USA Hockey's series of national summer player development camps that are staged for boys and girls from 15-to-18 years of age.
"BioSteel was born in professional hockey dressing rooms and the sport continues to be a core pillar of our brand," said Co-CEO & Founder, John Celenza. "By partnering with an iconic association like USA Hockey, we're able to expand our presence throughout the United States and through their successful grassroots and national programs."
"We look forward to a long-term relationship with BioSteel," said Tony Driscoll, assistant executive director of marketing, communications and events for USA Hockey. "We're excited about the synergy that can be created between USA Hockey and BioSteel through this new partnership."
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from October 9, 2019
- USA Hockey Signs BioSteel Sports Nutrition to Multi-Year Partner Agreement - U.S. National Team
- NEWS: Five Players, One Draft Pick Named to NHL Draft "Players to Watch" List - Tri-City Storm
- Weekly Preview: Steel Hit the Road for Three Games - Chicago Steel
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent U.S. National Team Stories
- USA Weekly: U18s Earn First NCAA Win; Five Games on Deck for Weekend
- Team USA to Host Second Annual Sensory-Friendly Game Sunday
- USA Hockey Signs BioSteel Sports Nutrition to Multi-Year Partner Agreement
- USA Weekly: Team USA Ready to Regroup with U17 Home Opener
- USA Weekly: Team USA Ready for Home Opener this Weekend