Urena Named League Player of the Week
BINGHAMTON, NY - Binghamton Rumble Ponies outfielder Jhoan Urena has been named the Eastern League Player of the Week. From August 27 through September 3, the Ponies right fielder hit .424 (14-for-33), with four home runs, 14 RBI and a .818 slugging percentage.
Urena's crowning achievement during the week came on August 27 in Hartford against the Yard Goats when he belted three home runs, including two grand slams. His nine RBI were the most in one game by a Binghamton player in franchise history.
Urena is the fourth Rumble Pony to take home a weekly league honor this season, joining Peter Alonso, Jeff McNeil, and Nabil Crismatt.
The Rumble Ponies concluded their season on Monday against the Sea Dogs. Binghamton opens the 2019 season on Thursday, April 4 in New Hampshire. Fans are encouraged to follow the Rumble Ponies during the offseason at BINGRP.com.
• Discuss this story on the Eastern League message board...
Eastern League Stories from September 4, 2018
- Fisher Cats Playoff Preview: Eastern Division Championship Series Begins Tomorrow - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Urena Named League Player of the Week - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Eastern League Weekly Award Winners Announced for August 27th-September 3rd - EL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Binghamton Rumble Ponies Stories
- All-Star Game Tickets Go on Sale Tuesday October 15
- Former Binghamton Mets General Manager Bill Terlecky Passes Away
- Mets Announce 2019 Minor League Awards Announced, Includes Three Rumble Ponies
- Rumble Ponies Win Season Finale, Take Three of Four from Yard Goats
- Rumble Ponies Game Notes #140: Binghamton Rumble Ponies (31-44, 66-73) vs. Hartford Yard Goats (36-35, 73-65) - 1:05 PM