U.S. Women's National Team Set to Face Belgium at Banc of California Stadium
Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) and U.S. Soccer announced today that Banc of California Stadium will host its first-ever national team match, a friendly contest between the U.S. Women's National Team and Belgium, on Sunday, April 7 at 6:00 p.m. PT.
LAFC Members will have access to a special pre-sale on Tuesday, December 11 at noon PT before tickets go on sale to the general public on Thursday, December 13 at 10 a.m. PT through ussoccer.com.
"Countdown to the Cup," the schedule of matches and venues for the WNT that will lead into next summer's FIFA Women's World Cup, will run from January to May with the USA playing a total of 10 games - including the first-ever meeting between the USA and Belgium at Banc of California Stadium.
The match against Belgium will mark the 54th opponent for the USA in its history. Belgium finished second in UEFA Women's World Cup Qualifying Group 6, and eventually fell to Switzerland in the two-leg semifinal playoff.
The USA will hit the ground running to open the schedule, taking on Women's World Cup host France on January 19 in Le Havre, before taking on Spain for the first time in team history three days later in Alicante.
Next up will be the 2019 SheBelieves Cup, which features the USA, England, Japan and Brazil playing doubleheaders from February 27 to March 5. The team will then regroup in early April for matches against Australia on April 4 and against Belgium on April 7 at LAFC's Banc of California Stadium in the Heart of Los Angeles.
In May, the U.S. team will gather for the three matches of the Send-Off Series, Presented by Volpi Foods, taking on South Africa on May 12, a team to be determined on May 16, and Mexico on May 26.
The schedule currently features seven teams that will participate in the 2019 FIFA Women's World Cup, and Countdown to the Cup will take the WNT to all four continental U.S. time zones, giving fans across the country a chance to cheer the team on to France.
COUNTDOWN TO THE CUP TICKETS
LAFC Members will have access to a special pre-sale for the match at Banc of California Stadium on Tuesday, December 11 at noon PT before tickets go on sale to the general public on Thursday, December 13 through ussoccer.com at 10 a.m. PT. Groups of 20 or more can order directly at ussoccer.com.
As of Monday, December 10, U.S. Soccer members will have presale access to tickets. Click here to join U.S. Soccer Membership.
For all eight domestic matches, Ultimate Fan Tickets (special VIP packages that include a premium ticket, a custom-made official U.S. National Team jersey with name and number, VIP access to the field before and after the game, and other unique benefits) are also available exclusively through ussoccer.com.
Coaches Circle and Presidents Circle members supporting the U.S. Soccer Development Fund can receive individual customer support and concierge services for their ticketing needs. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from December 6, 2018
- Timbers Weekly Update: December 6, 2018 - Portland Timbers
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. Portland Timbers - Atlanta United FC
- New York Red Bulls Announce 2018 Team Awards - New York Red Bulls
- Quakes Forward Chris Wondolowski and Chico State Teammates to Host Soccer Camp to Benefit Camp Fire Victims - San Jose Earthquakes
- Red Bull Arena to Host U.S. Women's National Team and Mexico WNT in Send-Off Series - New York Red Bulls
- U.S. Women's National Team Set to Face Belgium at Banc of California Stadium - Los Angeles FC
- United States Women's National Team to Play at Talen Energy Stadium in Opening Match of 2019 SheBelieves Cup - Philadelphia Union
- U.S. Women's National Team to Play at Dick's Sporting Goods Park Ahead of 2019 Fifa Women's World Cup - Colorado Rapids
- Patrick Leduc Named Administrative Director of Soccer Operations for the Impact - Montreal Impact
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.