Twins Sign Pacheco to Minor League Deal
Utility man spent 2017 with Independent Long Island
ROCHESTER, NY - The Minnesota Twins have signed utility man Jordan Pacheco to a minor league contract.
Pacheco, 31, spent all of last season with Long Island of the Independent Atlantic League while batting .273/.351/.420 with 13 doubles, three home runs, 22 RBI, four stolen bases and 22 runs scored in 42 games for the Ducks. He has appeared in 377 career MLB games over six seasons with Colorado, Arizona and Cincinnati with 227 of those coming from 2012-13 with the Rockies. The former 2007 9th-round pick by Colorado out of the University of New Mexico is a .297 career minor league hitter and he was named the 2009 South Atlantic League Most Valuable Player with Single-A Asheville.
Minnesota will announce all minor league signings that receive an invite to spring training at a later date.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from January 9, 2018
- Twins Sign Pacheco to Minor League Deal - Rochester Red Wings
- RailRiders add Adam Giardino to broadcast crew in 2018 - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- BARREL-AGED BEER FEST RETURNS FEB. 17 AT COCA-COLA PARK - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Orioles Announce Athletic Training Staff Changes - Norfolk Tides
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rochester Red Wings Stories
- Rochester Summer Soul Music Fest August 25-26
- DSO Returns to Frontier Field on August 3
- Red Wings Partner with Turnbull Heating and Air for 7th Inning Military Salute
- Red Wings Annual Star Wars Night Set for May 4
- a Matchup of Epic Portions: Plates V. Potatoes