Twins Sign Outfielder Buss
ROCHESTER, NY - The Minnesota Twins have signed outfielder Nick Buss to a minor league contract.
Buss, 31, won the Pacific Coast League batting title last season, slashing .348/.395/.541 with 19 doubles, eight triples, 11 home runs, 55 RBI, nine stolen bases and 53 runs scored in 114 games with Triple-A El Paso in the San Diego Padres organization. He was named a PCL mid-season and MiLB.com organizational All-Star in 2017. Buss has appeared in 44 career MLB games, 36 coming for the Angels in 2016. The former 2008 8th-round selection by the Dodgers out the University of Southern California is a .307 career hitter in 560 Triple-A games in the PCL.
Minnesota will announce all minor league signings that receive an invite to spring training at a later date.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from January 7, 2018
- Twins Sign Outfielder Buss - Rochester Red Wings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rochester Red Wings Stories
- Rochester Summer Soul Music Fest August 25-26
- DSO Returns to Frontier Field on August 3
- Red Wings Partner with Turnbull Heating and Air for 7th Inning Military Salute
- Red Wings Annual Star Wars Night Set for May 4
- a Matchup of Epic Portions: Plates V. Potatoes