Tri-City Storms Past Madison, 5-2
Middleton, WI - Christian Stoever stopped 40 shots in the game, but it wasn't enough as the Madison Capitols fell to the Tri-City Storm by a final of 5-2 on Saturday night at Bob Suter's Capitol Ice Arena.
An early penalty sent the Capitols to the penalty kill where Colby Ambrosio found the back of the net for the Storm to take a 1-0 lead. Ambrosio netted his 23rd goal of the season on the power play, moving him to 4th in the league.
Ryan Kirwan knotted the game at one goal a piece on a give-and-go with Gustav Muller. Kirwan fired home his 20th goal of the season, placing him only five back of Alec Broetzman for the most in a single season in Capitols history.
It was all Tri-City from there, netting three unanswered goals with Ambrosio's second of the game before Michael Koster and Adam Klapka put home marks of their own in a three-goal second period.
The teams traded goals in the third period as Hunter Weiss fired a changeup on net that beat Ryan Ouellete out of pure confusion for his 2nd tally of the season. Kalpa put the final nail in the coffin with his 2nd goal in his USHL debut.
The Capitols return to action tomorrow afternoon in the series finale against the Storm at 3:05pm. Bring the family out as there will be a free postgame skate following the contest.
If you can't make it out to the game, make sure to tune into Mixlr and HockeyTV to get the live call from broadcaster, Cody Lefkowitz.
Individual single game tickets for the 2019-20 season are available now! Call the Capitols Front Office at 608-257-CAPS (2277) or email at [email protected] The Capitols season is presented by Stoughton Hospital and the Orthoteam Clinic run by Dr. Ashish Rawal.
Stay connected for schedule and ticketing updates on madcapshockey.com or by following the team on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from February 15, 2020
- Gamblers Fight off the Saints and Win 4-3 - Green Bay Gamblers
- Storm Defeat Capitols 5-2 - Tri-City Storm
- Hawks Clinch CR Series - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Wiener Dogs Top Buccaneers Before Capacity Crowd - Sioux Falls Stampede
- Stars Sweep Musketeers in Weekend Series with 3-1 Victory - Lincoln Stars
- Dubuque's Comeback Bid Falls Short, Gamblers Win 4-3 - Dubuque Fighting Saints
- Phantoms Use Explosive Second Period to Top Muskegon 5-4 - Youngstown Phantoms
- Tri-City Storms Past Madison, 5-2 - Madison Capitols
- Pitlick Scores Early But Jacks Fall on Road for Second Night to Youngstown - Muskegon Lumberjacks
- Preview: Storm Back in Action for Weekend Series against Madison - Tri-City Storm
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.