Trapp Ahead of Career Milestone: "I Just Hope for a Win for the TeamÃ¢ÂÂ
Inter Miami's Wil Trapp is on the brink of a milestone moment in his career. The midfielder's next MLS regular season appearance will be his 200th, 185 of which came with the Columbus Crew and 14 of which have come with Inter Miami, a remarkable feat for a player who is just 27 years old. While the moment will be a significant one, Trapp remains focused on the task at hand.
"[Playing] 200 games is awesome. For me, it's just great that I've been able to play this game as a professional," said Trapp. "When you look at the number 200 it seems like a lot. I just hope for a win for the team, that's the most important thing for me."
After returning to the starting lineup for the second consecutive match in Wednesday's road win over the New York Red Bulls, Trapp is looking ahead to how he can help the team achieve its goals and continue to make a push toward playoff position in the final stretch of the regular season.
"The most important thing for us is to look at it one game at a time. We have a game Saturday that we have to win. If we're looking at it bite by bite, game by game, we will find that the results will take care of themselves," said Trapp. "Moving forward, obviously the games don't get any easier and the pressure for points continues to grow...Our mentality has been strong, it has been focused."
"One of my best qualities is providing rhythm and tempo for the team and I feel like it will be a game tomorrow where I hopefully can do that," he added. "As we look at the Dynamo, they're a good team, they have quality players that can hurt you in opportunistic ways. It's a must-win for us, we have to win the home games. We feel ready, we feel prepared, we just have to go out and execute."
Trapp is also familiar with Dynamo head coach Tab Ramos through their time together with the U.S. youth national team set up. Through that familiarity and work in the film room, Trapp and the team have prepared themselves for their upcoming opponent.
"They're very expansive in how they want to play. They want to keep the ball, they want to dominate possession, but in doing that they leave themselves open at times for a counterattack. I think that's something that we've been very good at this year, creating chances on the counter and capitalizing on those chances."
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from October 9, 2020
- Fort Lauderdale CF Falls 4-1 on the Road against New England Revolution II - Inter Miami CF
- Real Salt Lake to Face Whitecaps FC Saturday in Portland - Real Salt Lake
- October 10 Match against LA Galaxy Postponed - Colorado Rapids
- Saturday's Colorado Rapids vs. LA Galaxy Match Postponed - MLS
- LA Galaxy Match vs. Colorado Rapids Postponed - LA Galaxy
- McCarthy Following Club Debut: "I'M Trying to Make the Best of It and Keep PushingÃ¢ÂÂ - Inter Miami CF
- D.C. United Acquire An International Roster Slot from Sporting KC and Edison Flores Activated from Injured List - D.C. United
- Sporting KC Acquires $50K in GAM from D.C. United - Sporting Kansas City
- Major League Soccer and Wells Fargo Team up to Recognize Community MVPs - Colorado Rapids
- Trapp Ahead of Career Milestone: "I Just Hope for a Win for the TeamÃ¢ÂÂ - Inter Miami CF
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. New York Red Bulls - Atlanta United FC
- MLS Disciplinary Committee Decisions - MLS
- New York Begin Back-To-Back Road Trips, Starting in Atlanta - New York Red Bulls
- Inter Miami CF to Host Houston Dynamo on Saturday - Inter Miami CF
- Three Points: Houston Dynamo Begin Two-Game Stretch against Eastern Conference Opponents in Florida - Houston Dynamo
- Sporting KC Hosts Nashville SC on Sunday - Sporting Kansas City
- Rescued Sea Otter and Global YouTube Star Joey Featured on New Whitecaps FC Face Masks in Support of Vancouver Aquarium - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Inter Miami CF Stories
- Co-Owners Jorge Mas and David Beckham Welcome Phil Neville and Chris Henderson
- Phil Neville: "One Thing That Really Excites Me Is to Prove People WrongÃ¢ÂÂ
- Inter Miami CF Receives 2022 SuperDraft Second Round Pick from Seattle Sounders FC
- Inter Miami CF Selects Penn, Mabika and Hafferty in 2021 MLS SuperDraft
- Inter Miami CF Set for 2021 MLS SuperDraft on Thursday