Toronto Marlies Sign Riley Woods to One-Year AHL Contract
The Toronto Marlies announced today that the hockey club has signed forward Riley Woods to a one-year AHL contract for the 2019-20 season.
Woods, 20, played in 65 games with Spokane (WHL) this season, registering a career-high of 75 points (29 goals, 46 assists). The Regina, SK native was named to the WHL Second All-Star Team. In 230 games in the WHL where he played for Spokane and began his career with the Regina Pats, Woods recorded 180 career points (75 goals, 105 assists) and 50 penalty minutes.
The Toronto Marlies are the primary development program for the Toronto Maple Leafs. The Toronto Maple Leafs roster at the end of their regular season featured 15 players who were developed with the Marlies (Connor Brown, Travis Dermott, Jake Gardiner, Frederik Gauthier, Justin Holl, Zach Hyman, Andreas Johnsson, Nazem Kadri, Kasperi Kapanen, Martin Marincin, Trevor Moore, William Nylander, Morgan Rielly, Calle Rosen and Garret Sparks).
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from June 4, 2019
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Toronto Marlies Sign Riley Woods to One-Year AHL Contract - Toronto Marlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Toronto Marlies Stories
- Toronto Marlies Statement on Cancellation of 2019-20 AHL Season
- MLSE Community Food Donation Program Expands to Include BMO Field and BMO as Partners Team up to Help 'Bring Toronto Back to Its Feet'
- MLSE Teams up with Partners to Announce Bringing Toronto Back to Its Feet
- Toronto Marlies Re-Sign Scott Pooley
- Toronto Marlies Sign Noel Hoefenmayer and Jeremy McKenna