Toronto Marlies Re-Sign Hudson Elynuik
The Toronto Marlies announced today that the hockey club has signed forward Hudson Elynuik to a one-year AHL contract.
Elynuik, 22, recorded 13 points (5 goals, 8 assists) in 53 games with the Marlies this season. He split the 2018-19 season between the Marlies and the Newfoundland Growlers (ECHL). The Calgary, Alberta native registered one goal in 10 games with the Marlies, while recording 28 points (9 goals, 19 assists) in 33 games with the Growlers.
He added 15 points (6 goals, 9 assists) in 16 playoff games and won the Kelly Cup championship in 2019. Elynuik was originally drafted in the third round (74th overall) of the 2016 NHL Draft by the Carolina Hurricanes.
The Toronto Marlies are the primary development program for the Toronto Maple Leafs. The Toronto Maple Leafs roster at the end of the regular season featured 12 players who were developed with the Marlies (Travis Dermott, Pierre Engvall, Frederik Gauthier, Justin Holl, Zach Hyman, Andreas Johnsson, Kasperi Kapanen, Martin Marincin, William Nylander, Morgan Rielly, Calle Rosen and Rasmus Sandin).
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from June 18, 2020
- Thunderbirds Honored by AHL for Ticket Sales Excellence - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Amerks Recognized at 2020 AHL Team Business Spring Series Meetings for Business Excellence - Rochester Americans
- American Hockey League Announces 2019-20 Winners of Team Business Awards - AHL
- Toronto Marlies Re-Sign Hudson Elynuik - Toronto Marlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.