Toronto FC Sign Forward Terrence Boyd
Toronto FC announced today that the club has signed forward Terrence Boyd and will be added to the roster upon receipt of his International Transfer Certificate (ITC).
"We are excited to welcome Terrence and his family to the club. Terrence is a player that we've tracked for years during his time with the U.S. National Team and in Germany," said Toronto FC General Manager Ali Curtis. "He is an experienced, attacking player that is capable of scoring goals in MLS. We're looking forward to him joining our preseason and integrating himself into the group."
Boyd, 27, has played the last three seasons with SV Darmstadt 98 in Germany's 2. Bundesliga, making 44 appearances and registering five goals and two assists. Boyd has earned 14 caps with the U.S. National team. He made his debut on February 29, 2012 in a friendly match against Italy. His most recent cap came on October 11, 2016, where he came on as a substitute in a 1-1 friendly against New Zealand.
Boyd began his career with Hertha BSC II (reserve team of Hertha BSC) in 2009 and remained with the club until 2011. He made 44 appearances, scoring 15 goals and adding six assists in all competitions. He then signed with German Bundesliga club Borussia Dortmund and played one season with their reserve squad Borussia Dortmund II. He made 32 appearances with 20 goals and five assists in all competitions. Ahead of the 2012 season, Boyd signed with Austrian club Rapid Wien. In his first season the club earned a top three finish in the table and secured a third qualifying round place in the 2013-14 UEFA Europa League. During his three years with Rapid Wien, he made 80 appearances, scoring 37 goals and 11 assists in all competitions. Rapid Wien sold him to RB Leipzig (Austria) in the summer of 2014 and remained with the club before joining Darmstadt in 2017.
TRANSACTION: Toronto FC sign forward Terrence Boyd
Weight: 180 lbs.
Birthdate: February 16, 1991 (Age - 27)
Birth Place: Bremen, Germany
Last Club: SV Darmstadt 98
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from February 5, 2019
- Impact Takes on Nashville SC Wednesday Afternoon at IMG Academy - Montreal Impact
- Sounders FC Single-Match Tickets Now Available - Seattle Sounders FC
- Atlanta United Signs Defender Florentin Pogba - Atlanta United FC
- Sporting KC Signs Defender Abdul Rwatubyaye - Sporting Kansas City
- Columbus Crew SC Acquires Defender Waylon Francis in Trade with Seattle Sounders FC - Columbus Crew SC
- Sounders FC Acquires $50,000 in General Allocation Money from Columbus Crew SC for Defender Waylon Francis - Seattle Sounders FC
- Toronto FC Sign Forward Terrence Boyd - Toronto FC
- Impact Acquires Quebecois Defender Zachary Brault-Guillard on Loan - Montreal Impact
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.