Toronto Arrows Confirm Transfer of Asiata to Queensland Reds
TORONTO, ON - The Toronto Arrows Rugby Football Club announced today that it has reached an agreement with Super Rugby side Queensland Reds for the transfer of Richie Asiata.
The 24-year-old prop returns to Queensland in exchange for undisclosed financial considerations, becoming the first external transfer in Major League Rugby's young history.
"We are very sorry to lose Richie, but delighted to see him land a spot in Super Rugby," said Arrows Chief Operating Officer and General Manager Mark Winokur. "We wish Richie and the Reds the best of luck for their 2021 season."
Asiata joined the Arrows ahead of the club's 2020 season, starting all five matches in the pandemic-shortened campaign. The Australian finished his debut season ranked second on the team in tackle breaks (3), third in carries (40), fifth in offloads (3), and sixth in carry metres (198).
The club wishes Richie all the best for the future.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Rugby message board...
Major League Rugby Stories from February 17, 2021
- Toronto Arrows Confirm Transfer of Asiata to Queensland Reds - Toronto Arrows
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Toronto Arrows Stories
- Toronto Arrows Confirm Transfer of Asiata to Queensland Reds
- Lynott & Braude Put Pen to Paper for 2021
- Toronto's Will Kelly: I Don't See Myself Playing Anywhere Else
- Toronto Arrows Club to Establish Temporary Home in Atlanta
- Join the Arrows 2020 Holiday Party Live Stream Extravaganza