Tomahawks Win Game Two Saturday Night over Rebels
The Johnstown Tomahawks defeated the Jamestown Rebels in game two by a final of 3-1.
The Tomahawks drew first blood in game two as Braedon Ford scored his first of the playoffs 7:03 into Saturday night's game. With just 1:27 remaining in the opening period, Jamestown's Jak Vaarwerk got the equalizer, sending the game into the first intermission knotted up at 1 apiece.
After a quiet, scoreless 2nd period, Ford lit the lamp early in the 3rd to give the Tomahawks a 2-1 for his second goal of the game. Two minutes later, Jake Black scores to extend Johnstown's lead to two. Black's goal would go on to be the game winner as the Tomahawks defeated the Rebels 3-1 to tie the series at 1.
This Thursday the series shifts to Jamestown, New York for game three at 7 PM.
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from April 23, 2022
- Bruins Battle Tough But Fall 3-2 - Austin Bruins
- Tomahawks Win Game Two Saturday Night over Rebels - Johnstown Tomahawks
- Titans Drop Game One of East Division Semi-Finals to Generals 4 - 1 - New Jersey Titans
- Brahmas Edge Bugs in Playoff Opener - Shreveport Mudbugs
- Four-Goal Third Lifts Wings over Bruins - Aberdeen Wings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Johnstown Tomahawks Stories
- New 2022-23 Johnstown Tomahawks Season Ticket Holder Perks Announced
- Ticket Information for Tonight's Game Five
- Tomahawks Fall to Rebels, Force Game Five
- Tomahawks Defeat Rebels in Game Three Overtime Thriller
- Tomahawks Win Game Two Saturday Night over Rebels