Today's USL eCup FIFA20 Match: Hounds vs. Union Omaha
After winning its opening match in the USL eCup: FIFA20 Edition against Tacoma Defiance, Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC will face Union Omaha today. The virtual soccer match will take place at 7:30 p.m. and can be streamed on the club's Twitch channel.
Defender Mark Lindstrom will represent the Hounds in the Round of 16, their second match in what was originally a 32-team qualifying bracket to open the esports tournament. Throughout the tournament, the Hounds will compete as the Belgium National Team. Their next opponent, Union Omaha, will compete as the Norway National team.
The six-week tournament will feature promotion and relegation with weekly brackets across three divisions. This first week of competition will determine in which of the three divisions teams will be placed. From then, teams will earn points after each week based on performance, and the team with the most collective points at the tournament's end will be crowned champion.
Riverhounds SC is proud to partner with the Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank during the USL eCup: FIFA20 Edition. Each dollar donated helps the Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank provide five meals to local families. For more information on the Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank, please visit pittsburghfoodbank.org.
For more information on the USL eCup: FIFA20 Edition and its tournament format, please visit uslchampionship.com. This tournament is not affiliated with or sponsored by Electronic Arts Inc. or its licensors.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from May 6, 2020
- Kibato Takes Toros over the Rising - Rio Grande Valley FC Toros
- USL Academy League Set to Launch in Spring 2021 - Orange County SC
- USL Academy League Set to Launch in Spring 2021 - USL
- USL Academy League Set to Launch in Spring 2021 - Charlotte Independence
- Louisville City FC Returns to Training - Louisville City FC
- Phoenix Rising FC to Return to Small Group Training Sessions and Treatment at Club Facilities on Monday, May 11 - Phoenix Rising FC
- Today's USL eCup FIFA20 Match: Hounds vs. Union Omaha - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- USL Permits Return to Training in Small Group Settings on May 11 - USL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.