Timberwolves Sign C.J. Williams to Two-Way Contract
Minneapolis/St. Paul - The Minnesota Timberwolves today announced the team has signed guard C.J. Williams to a two-way contract. Per team policy, terms of the agreement were not released.
Williams appeared in 38 games (17 starts) as a rookie with the Los Angeles Clippers last season, averaging 5.5 points, 1.5 rebounds and 0.8 steals in 18.6 minutes per game. He appeared in 16 games with the Agua Caliente Clippers of the NBA G League, averaging 16.5 points in 29.5 minutes per game. He was named the recipient of the 2017-18 NBA G League Jason Collier Sportsmanship Award on Apr. 11, which is given to the player who best represents the ideals of character and conduct on and off the court.
The Fayetteville, N.C. native played four years at North Carolina State, leading the Wolfpack to the NCAA Sweet 16 as a senior in 2012. Since turning pro, he has spent parts of three seasons in the NBA G League, averaging 14.0 points on 46.3% shooting (40.2% from three-point range) over 115 G League games.
Two-way contracts allow teams to sign two players to two-way contracts in addition to the 15-man regular-season roster. Players signed to a two-way contract can accrue no more than 45 days of service with their respective NBA club during the regular season and will spend the remainder of their time with the team's NBA G League affiliate.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from July 31, 2018
- Timberwolves Sign C.J. Williams to Two-Way Contract - Iowa Wolves
- Austin Spurs Host Free Day of Camp for Community Youth this Friday - Austin Spurs
- Windy City Bulls Announce Travelliance as Official Presenting Partner of Premium Seating - Windy City Bulls
- Austin Spurs to Hold Local Player Tryouts September 15 - Austin Spurs
- Iowa Wolves Announce Five-Year Lease Extension with Polk County and Spectra Venue Management - Iowa Wolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Iowa Wolves Stories
- Iowa Wolves Release 2018-19 Season Schedule
- Iowa Wolves Announce Local Player Tryouts in Des Moines and Minneapolis
- Timberwolves Sign C.J. Williams to Two-Way Contract
- Iowa Wolves Announce Five-Year Lease Extension with Polk County and Spectra Venue Management
- Timberwolves Sign Jared Terrell to Two-Way Contract