Timbers, Thorns FC Launch Tiktok for Good Custom Scarf Collection
PORTLAND, Ore. - Continuing to emphasize the club's strong commitment to community, Stand Together and TikTok have collaborated to elevate the platform's TikTok For Good initiative, aimed at inspiring a new generation to have a positive impact on the planet and those around them, with the release of the first scarf as part of a four-scarf series. As part of the campaign, the club will release a unique scarf every three months and a portion of the sale of each scarf will be donated directly to a local non-profit.
In addition, part of the proceeds from each Timbers and Thorns FC jersey sold will also benefit the quarterly non-profit. Only jerseys sold in store and at PTFCAuthentics.com are eligible for donation.
The first scarf will benefit the Urban League of Portland and is available online for purchase here. Established in 1945, the Urban League of Portland is one of the oldest African American service, civil rights and advocacy organizations in the area. ULPDX is part of a network of over 90 National Urban League affiliates across the country and are recognized as one of the leading voices for African Americans and other people of color in the region. Theo organization is coalition-builder amongst other African American organizations, and works extensively with both traditional and emerging African American groups, the faith-based community, minority businesses, and other organizations of color, including immigrants and refugees.
The Urban League of Portland's mission is to empower African Americans and others to achieve equality in education, employment, health, economic security and quality of life. Our programs include a distinctive blend of direct services, organizing, outreach, and advocacy. We offer workforce services, community health services, summer youth programming, senior services, meaningful civic engagement opportunities, and powerful advocacy.
• Discuss this story on the National Women's Soccer League message board...
National Women's Soccer League Stories from March 31, 2021
- Timbers, Thorns FC Launch Tiktok for Good Custom Scarf Collection - Portland Thorns FC
- Orlando Pride Launches 2021 Ad Astra Kit Presented by Orlando Health - Orlando Pride
- Racing Louisville FC Announces 2021 Technical Staff - Racing Louisville FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Portland Thorns FC Stories
- Thorns FC Earn 1-1 Road Draw against Houston Dash in Final West Division Match of 2021 NWSL Challenge Cup
- Thorns FC Announce Schedule for 2021 NWSL Season
- Thorns FC Advance to 2021 NWSL Challenge Cup Final with 2-0 Win over OL Reign
- Thorns FC Clinch 1-0 Road Win against Chicago Red Stars in Second Match of 2021 NWSL Challenge Cup
- Thorns FC Earn 2-1 Win over KC NWSL at Providence Park in Opening Match of 2021 NWSL Challenge Cup