Timbers, Alaska Airlines Announce Renewal of Jersey Sponsorship
PORTLAND, Ore. - The Portland Timbers today announced that the club has entered into a multiyear partnership extension with Alaska Airlines. As part of the continued partnership, the iconic Northwest airline's wordmark will continue to be featured prominently on Timbers game kits and club apparel.
In addition to being featured on Timbers jerseys, Alaska Airlines will continue to serve as the team's official airline. Alaska Airlines, a Founding Partner of the Timbers, has been the club's jersey partner since its inaugural 2011 MLS season.
"Alaska Airlines and its amazing group of employees have been part of the MLS Timbers family from the very beginning," said Mike Golub, president of business for the Timbers. "We couldn't be more happy and proud that our wonderful partnership will continue well into the future."
As part of the partnership, Alaska Airlines will continue to support Stand Together Week and the Portland Timbers Community Fund as well as additional community initiatives. Alaska Airlines also will be a presenting sponsor for all MLS Timbers youth soccer camps.
"The city of Portland has a deep soccer heritage that promotes a strong community spirit. Our long-standing partnership with the Timbers is a testament to our commitment to the Portland community and the loyal Timbers fans," said Andrew Harrison, chief commercial officer at Alaska Airlines. "As a company it is important for us to invest in and make a difference in the communities where we live and work."
Among the many fan-friendly components of the uniquely interactive partnership, Alaska Airlines will continue its popular program to allow year-round early boarding privileges on its flights originating from Portland International Airport to fans wearing Timbers jerseys. The airline will continue to fly the popular Timbers Jet throughout its route network; the club-themed plane was unveiled in 2011 with a design inspired by two Timbers fans through a paint-the-plane contest.
Alaska Airlines offers more nonstop flights (serving over 58 different destinations) and more daily flights (128 a day) from Portland International Airport than any other carrier. Customers can learn more at www.alaskaair.com/.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from February 5, 2018
- Earthquakes Weekly Update - San Jose Earthquakes
- Real Salt Lake Weekly Update - Real Salt Lake
- MLS Newcomers to Debut in 2018 Average Under 25 Years of Age - MLS
- Timbers, Alaska Airlines Announce Renewal of Jersey Sponsorship - Portland Timbers
- Sounders FC Unveils New Primary Rave Green Kit for 2018-2019 - Seattle Sounders FC
- Toyota Stadium Implements Clear Bag/Purse Policy - FC Dallas
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
- Timbers Acquire Midfielder Cristhian Paredes - Portland Timbers
- Earthquakes Announce CEFCU as Official Credit Union Partner - San Jose Earthquakes
- Real Salt Lake Signs Midfielder Pablo Ruiz - Real Salt Lake
- Columbus Crew SC Signs Free Agent Midfielder Ricardo Clark - Columbus Crew SC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Portland Timbers Stories
- Timbers Extend Winning Streak to Five Matches with 2-1 Victory over Los Angeles FC
- Timbers Award $50,000 in Community Fund Grants
- Timbers Weekly Update
- Timbers, Thorns FC, T2 Team up with Local Partners to Present Seventh-Annual Stand Together Week June 9-15
- Timbers Notch Fourth Straight Victory with 1-0 Win over Cascadia-Rival Seattle Sounders FC