Tiger-Cats Unveil Plans for Uniquely Hamilton Stadium Experience at Tim Hortons Field for 2021 Grey Cup Game
The Hamilton Tiger-Cats have unveiled plans to deliver the most unique and social stadium experience in Grey Cup history. Capitalizing on the distinctive design and configuration of Tim Hortons Field, Grey Cup gameday in Hamilton will be highlighted by The Grey Cup Social - a 'music festival, meets food expo' experience located in Tim Hortons Field's ~90,000 square foot South Plaza. In total, Tim Hortons Field will expand from the regular Tiger-Cats' capacity of 23,218 to more than 33,000 for the 2021 Grey Cup.
"We're fortunate enough to have a venue like Tim Hortons Field that allows us the opportunity to be innovative and creative," said Tiger-Cats' C.E.O. Scott Mitchell. "We're focused on delivering a stadium experience for Hamiltonians and football fans from across the country that they've never seen at a Grey Cup game before. The focus is not about how many people we can fit in the stadium, but on the experience we can create and deliver for the fans that are at the game."
Gameday Experience Highlights for the 109th Grey Cup at Tim Hortons Field:
Grey Cup Social
- A Grey Cup experience unique to Tim Hortons Field
- Located in Tim Hortons Field's ~90,000 square foot South Plaza
- Outdoor music festival meets food & drink expo, set in the backdrop of the Grey Cup game
- Delivers phenomenal sightlines of the football action, with views from only 10 yards from the field of play in select areas within the designated space
- Clear views to one of Canada's largest outdoor HD videoboards
- Video screens located throughout the South Plaza
CFL Food Experience
- Unique food & beverage options delivered through shipping container infrastructure paying homage to Hamilton's industrial roots
- Featuring signature dishes and delicious staples inspired by CFL cities coast-to-coast
- Menu items prepared by leading chefs from across Hamilton
- Many communal seating areas featuring Muskoka style seating
- Outdoor patio heaters and enclosed fireplaces
Music Festival/Live Entertainment
- Largest onsite concert stage in Grey Cup history featuring a 200+ foot elevated catwalk stage extending from approximately Cannon St. to the end zone
- Live entertainment starts early afternoon featuring acclaimed local, national and international acts
- All fans with a game ticket can experience pregame Grey Cup Social programming, with the area reserved for Grey Cup social ticket holders during the game
- Iconic Grey Cup halftime show will be presented live from the Grey Cup Social for all fans at Tim Hortons Field, and the millions across the nation and around the world
North End Zone
Grey Cup Party Deck & Additional Seating
- A two-tier party patio located just steps behind the north end zone
- Reserved premium seating options along the patio rail and standing room party experience on the second level
- Authentic smokehouse barbecue and beverage access
- Additional end zone seating, seamlessly integrated below and around the Tim Hortons Field videoboard
South End Zone
- Premium loge seating spanning the width of the south end zone, conveniently located immediately adjacent to the south end wall
- Loges are included in the premium seating options for Grey Cup and are not included in the experience for the Grey Cup social
Premium Sideline Seating
- Premium on-field seating spanning the entire 110-yard sideline. The closest you can get to the action without wearing a helmet and shoulder pads
The only way for fans to guarantee 2021 Grey Cup Tickets in 2019:
Thanks to The Caretaker's Commitment, only 2019 Tiger-Cats season seat holders get first-access to purchase their exact seat for the 2021 Grey Cup game, or first access to tickets anywhere else in the building (including $89 Grey Cup Social tickets) ahead of the general public. Simply put, owning two (2) Ticats season seats in 2019 allows you access to secure two (2) 2021 Grey Cup tickets. Four (4) season seats = four (4) Grey Cup tickets, and so on.
The Caretaker's Commitment offer ends Wednesday, June 12, 2019. All season seat holders as of this date will be entered into a draw to win one of the first 109 Grey Cup Social tickets, in honour of the 109th Grey Cup game in Hamilton! For more information, contact a Tiger-Cats ticket representative at 905-547-2287, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or online at www.ticats.ca/greycup.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from May 23, 2019
- Coors Light Training Camp Report: Day 5 - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Training Camp Report - Day 4 - Montreal Alouettes
- Eskimos Offering Free Admission to Sunday's Game for Evacuated Residents - Edmonton Eskimos
- BC Lions Make Transactions - B.C. Lions
- CFL on TSN Kicks off with Exclusive Live Coverage of Preseason Action, Beginning May 31 - CFL
- New Era Set to Take the Field for the First Time in the CFL - CFL
- Eskimos Sign WR Jake Smith - Edmonton Eskimos
- Tiger-Cats Unveil Plans for Uniquely Hamilton Stadium Experience at Tim Hortons Field for 2021 Grey Cup Game - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- Tiger-Cats Sign Offensive Lineman Rhaney and Wide Receiver Leslie - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.