Tiger-Cats Sign Wide Receiver White
The Hamilton Tiger-Cats announced Wednesday the football club has signed American wide receiver Papi White.
White, 23, signed as an undrafted free agent with the National Football League's Jacksonville Jaguars in April 2019. After his stint with the Jaguars, he signed with the Tennessee Titans in July, attended training camp and spent the first month of the 2019 NFL season on the team's practice squad.
The 5-9, 170-pound native of Seminole, Oklahoma appeared in 43 games from 2014 to 2018 at Ohio University, finishing as the program's all-time leader in career receiving yards with 2,620. White also ranks tied for second among all-time school leaders in career receiving touchdowns (19) and fourth in receptions (161). He also factored into the Bobcats' rushing game and on special teams, posting 91 carries for 470 yards and six touchdowns, and returning 44 punts for 262 yards and four kick returns for 89 yards throughout his collegiate career.
White earned ALL-MAC First Team honours in 2018 and was previously named to the Second Team in 2016. He became the first Ohio wide receiver to be named to the ALL-MAC First Team since Eddie Washington in 1983.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from April 8, 2020
- Riders Release Bennett - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Tiger-Cats Sign Wide Receiver White - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Hamilton Tiger-Cats Stories
- Tiger-Cats Re-Sign Offensive Lineman Ciraco
- Tiger-Cats Re-Sign All-Star Defensive End Davis
- Tiger-Cats Re-Sign CFL All-Star Offensive Lineman Revenberg
- CFL's 2019 Most Outstanding Offensive Lineman Van Zeyl Re-Signs with Tiger-Cats
- Quarterback Moore Re-Signs with Tiger-Cats