Tiger-Cats Sign Offensive Lineman Rhaney and Wide Receiver Leslie
The Hamilton Tiger-Cats announced Thursday the football club has signed two international players, including offensive lineman Demetrius Rhaney and wide receiver Jordan Leslie.
Rhaney, 26, played 33 games in the National Football League, including one start at centre, with the St. Louis/Los Angeles Rams (2015-16) and Washington Redskins (2017-18). Selected in the seventh round, 250th overall, in the 2014 NFL Draft by the Rams, Rhaney also spent time with the Jacksonville Jaguars (2017) before playing eight games in 2019 with the Alliance of American Football's Memphis Express. The 6-2, 305-pound native of Fort Lauderdale, Florida split his collegiate career between Ellsworth Community College (2010-11) and Tennessee State University (2012-13).
Leslie, 27, played two games for the NFL's Cleveland Browns in 2017, registering two receptions for 26 yards. The 6-2, 205-pound wide receiver also spent time in the NFL with the Minnesota Vikings, Jacksonville Jaguars, Atlanta Falcons, Tennessee Titans and Denver Broncos. Leslie played in eight games in 2019 with the AAF's Salt Lake Stallions, posting 10 receptions for 71 yards and one receiving touchdown.
Prior to turning pro, Leslie played three seasons at the University of Texas El Paso (2011-13) and one season at Brigham Young University (2014). In a combined 49 collegiate games, the Houston, Texas native registered 180 receptions for 2,794 yards and 21 receiving touchdowns, with seven carries for 38 yards and one rushing touchdown.
The Tiger-Cats also announced the following two players have been released:
INT - WR - Rashad Lawrence
NAT - DB - Nicholas Parisotto
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from May 23, 2019
- Coors Light Training Camp Report: Day 5 - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Training Camp Report - Day 4 - Montreal Alouettes
- Eskimos Offering Free Admission to Sunday's Game for Evacuated Residents - Edmonton Eskimos
- BC Lions Make Transactions - B.C. Lions
- CFL on TSN Kicks off with Exclusive Live Coverage of Preseason Action, Beginning May 31 - CFL
- New Era Set to Take the Field for the First Time in the CFL - CFL
- Eskimos Sign WR Jake Smith - Edmonton Eskimos
- Tiger-Cats Unveil Plans for Uniquely Hamilton Stadium Experience at Tim Hortons Field for 2021 Grey Cup Game - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- Tiger-Cats Sign Offensive Lineman Rhaney and Wide Receiver Leslie - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Hamilton Tiger-Cats Stories
- Tiger-Cats Announce Exclusive Partnership with My Insurance Broker
- Tiger-Cats Sign Global Kicker Amavizca-Ortiz
- Tiger-Cats Home Opener Game Time Moved up to 7 p.m.
- Tiger-Cats Add National Defensive End Walker to Practice Roster
- Tiger-Cats Add DT Dean to Practice Roster