Tiger-Cats Release Offensive Lineman Mathews
The Hamilton Tiger-Cats announced Friday that the football club has released international offensive lineman Ryker Mathews so he can pursue opportunities in the National Football League. Mathews was slated to become a free agent in February.
Mathews, 26, started 17 regular season games and two playoff games for the Tiger-Cats at right tackle in 2018. The 6-6, 320-pound native of American Fork, Utah, originally signed with Hamilton July 25, 2017 and played 26 regular season games over two seasons with the club.
Prior to joining the Tiger-Cats, the Brigham Young University product signed as an undrafted free agent with the NFL's New Orleans Saints and attended training camp with the team in 2016.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from January 11, 2019
- Tiger-Cats Release Offensive Lineman Mathews - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- Argos Sign International DT Kingsley Opara - Toronto Argonauts
- Riders Announce 2019 Football Operations Staff - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- RedBlacks Re-Sign Danny Mason - Ottawa RedBlacks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.