Tiger-Cats Re-Sign National Linebacker Newton
The Hamilton Tiger-Cats announced Wednesday the football club has re-signed national linebacker Curtis Newton.
Newton, 25, played in all 18 regular season games for the Tiger-Cats in 2019 registering seven special teams tackles. The 6-2, 220-pound native of London, Ontario also suited up in both of Hamilton's playoff games, including the 107th Grey Cup in Calgary.
Newton has appeared in 60 career Canadian Football League games during his four-year career with the Toronto Argonauts (2016-17) and Tiger-Cats (2017-19), registering two defensive tackles and 25 special teams tackles.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from January 15, 2020
- Alouettes Sign Receiver Chris Osei-Kusi - Montreal Alouettes
- Amos Released to Pursue NFL Opportunity - Calgary Stampeders
- Eskimos Coaching Staff Announced - Edmonton Eskimos
- Tiger-Cats Re-Sign National Linebacker Newton - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Hamilton Tiger-Cats Stories
- Tiger-Cats Re-Sign National Offensive Lineman Okafor to Two-Year Contract
- Tiger-Cats Re-Sign CFL All-Star Safety Adeleke to Two-Year Deal
- Tiger-Cats Re-Sign National Linebacker Newton
- Tiger-Cats Re-Sign Defensive End Howsare to Two-Year Contract
- Hajrullahu Released to Pursue NFL Opportunities