Tiger-Cats Re-Sign Defensive End Howsare to Two-Year Contract
The Hamilton Tiger-Cats announced Tuesday the football club has re-signed American defensive end Julian Howsare to a two-year contract.
Howsare, 27, appeared in all 18 regular season games with 10 starts at defensive end for the Tiger-Cats in 2019, registering 22 defensive tackles, four special teams tackles, three tackles for loss and a career-high six quarterback sacks. The 6-3, 255-pound native of Altoona, Pennsylvania also suited up in both of Hamilton's playoff games, including the 107th Grey Cup in Calgary.
Howsare has appeared in 33 career Canadian Football League games over two seasons (2018-19) in Hamilton, accumulating 48 defensive tackles, four special teams tackles, six tackles for loss, nine sacks, one forced fumble and one pass knock down.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from January 14, 2020
- Lions Sign Defensive Back Keon Lyn, Add 3 More Americans - B.C. Lions
- Tiger-Cats Re-Sign Defensive End Howsare to Two-Year Contract - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- RedBlacks Re-Sign Justin Howell - Ottawa RedBlacks
- Long Snapper Jorgen Hus Signs One-Year Extension - Saskatchewan Roughriders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Hamilton Tiger-Cats Stories
- Tiger-Cats Re-Sign National Offensive Lineman Okafor to Two-Year Contract
- Tiger-Cats Re-Sign CFL All-Star Safety Adeleke to Two-Year Deal
- Tiger-Cats Re-Sign National Linebacker Newton
- Tiger-Cats Re-Sign Defensive End Howsare to Two-Year Contract
- Hajrullahu Released to Pursue NFL Opportunities