Tiger-Cats Clinch First Place in CFL's East Division
The Hamilton Tiger-Cats officially clinched first place in the Canadian Football League's East Division Saturday after the Montreal Alouettes' 35-24 road loss to the Winnipeg Blue Bombers. The Ticats have now earned a bye into the Eastern Final and will host the game at Tim Hortons Field on Sunday, November 17 at 1 p.m.
With just three weeks remaining in the CFL's 2019 regular season schedule, the Tiger-Cats (12-3-0, 24 points) sit atop the CFL standings and eight points ahead of the East Division's second-place Alouettes (8-7-0, 16 points). Hamilton's 12 wins has already tied a franchise record for most wins in a season set in 1989 (12-6-0) and equaled in 1998 (12-5-1).
The 2019 Eastern Final at Tim Hortons Field will mark the sixth time in the last seven seasons (2013-2019) the Tiger-Cats have hosted a playoff game. Hamilton will host the Eastern Final for the first time since 2014 and only the third time since 1998.
Tiger-Cats season seat holders can purchase additional playoff tickets at their exclusive rate next week. More details to come Tuesday morning. Tickets for the Eastern Final and for the Tiger-Cats remaining two 2019 home games are on sale now at ticats.ca/tickets/.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from October 12, 2019
- Eskimos Clinch Playoff Berth - Edmonton Eskimos
- Tiger-Cats Clinch First Place in CFL's East Division - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Hamilton Tiger-Cats Stories
- Banks Named CFL's Most Outstanding Player
- Steinauer Named CFL's Coach of the Year
- Williams Named CFL's Most Outstanding Special Teams Player
- Van Zeyl Named CFL's Most Outstanding Offensive Lineman
- #greycupblackout: Tiger-Cats Encourage Hamiltonians and Ticats Fans Everywhere to Wear Black this Friday