Thunderbirds Support Truth and Reconciliation Day
Residential Schools are a large part of our history not only as indigenous people but for me more personally within my family with my mom and aunts being survivors of the Residential School system.
Our Thunderbirds family is very proud to support and recognize The National Day of Truth and Reconciliation, being Sept 30th.
Our family further commits to recognize and support Residential School Survivors and campaigns for their cause not only Sept 30th, but every day that we can.
We see this as a time of healing and we want to be here to support anyway that we can and encourage everyone to become educated on the history of residential schools, become aware, increase awareness and reach out in their communities to see what can be done to help.
• Discuss this story on the National Lacrosse League message board...
National Lacrosse League Stories from September 30, 2021
- NLL Teams Will Wear 'Every Child Matters' Decal this Season - Toronto Rock
- NLL to Support National Day for Truth and Reconciliation with Season-Long Helmet Decal and Conversations with Indigenous Communities - NLL
- Thunderbirds Support Truth and Reconciliation Day - Halifax Thunderbirds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Halifax Thunderbirds Stories
- The Journey to a Dream Coming Full Circle for Max Wilson
- Thunderbirds Announce Purple vs Orange Intrasquad Exhibition Game at Scotiabank Centre on October 30
- Thunderbirds Support Truth and Reconciliation Day
- Thunderbirds Announce 2021-22 Regular Season Schedule
- Thunderbirds Sign Keaton Thomson to a One-Year Deal