Thunder Announces Change to Home Opening Opponent
Wichita, KS - The Wichita Thunder, ECHL affiliate of the NHL's Edmonton Oilers, AHL's Bakersfield Condors and powered by Toyota, announced today that the Indy Fuel will be the team's opponent for its home opener on Friday, October 11th.
The Thunder were scheduled to host the Rapid City Rush in back-to-back games to open the season. The Fuel will be in on Friday and the Rush will come to Wichita on Saturday, October 12th.This will give fans a chance to see two different teams to begin the 2019-20 campaign.
Wichita has opened the season against the Fuel just one time since joining the ECHL, which took place in the 2017-18 campaign. The Thunder claimed both games, winning 4-3 over Indy on October 13th and 4-3 in overtime on October 14th.
The full schedule is expected to be released later this week.
The Thunder are excited to be the host of the ECHL All-Star Classic on Wednesday January 22nd, 2020. Get your tickets now for the league's annual showcase that features some of the best young talent across the ECHL.
Season tickets for the 2019-20 season are on sale now. Get your seats for just $34 per month. All it takes is a $1 deposit per seat to reserve yours today. To learn more, click here or contact a Thunder representative at the office today!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from June 11, 2019
- Swamp Rabbits Release 2019-2020 Home Opener - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Warrior Hockey Named Title Sponsor of 2020 ECHL All-Star Classic - ECHL
- Condors Ink Iacobellis to AHL Deal - Wichita Thunder
- Thunder Launch Internship Program for 2019-20 Season - Adirondack Thunder
- Cyclones Acquire Rights to Brendan Harms - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Thunder Announces Change to Home Opening Opponent - Wichita Thunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.