Thunder, Americans Postpone Weekend Series
WICHITA, Kan. - The Wichita Thunder, ECHL affiliate of the NHL's Edmonton Oilers, AHL's Bakersfield Condors and powered by Toyota, announced today that the team's games this weekend against the Allen Americans on Friday, January 15, Saturday, January 16 and Sunday, January 17 have been postponed, per league safety protocols.
The ECHL is working with both the Thunder and the Americans on rescheduling the games to a later date.
The games next week on Thursday, January 21 and Sunday, January 24 are still currently on as scheduled.
The ECHL will announce additional games tomorrow afternoon for the third window of games that will take place after February 6.
Season tickets for the 2020-21 season are on sale now. Get your seats for just $34 per month.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 14, 2021
- Weekend Games vs Wichita Postponed by ECHL; 11 Additional Home Dates Announced Through April 3 - Allen Americans
- Thunder, Americans Postpone Weekend Series - Wichita Thunder
- Doyle Somerby Loaned to Tucson - South Carolina Stingrays
- Hutchison and Christopoulos Sign with Indy - Indy Fuel
- ECHL Transactions - January 14 - ECHL
- January 15 & 16 Games against Wheeling Postponed - Indy Fuel
- Nailers and Fuel Games Postponed this Weekend - Wheeling Nailers
- Sparks Returns to Solar Bears - Orlando Solar Bears
- IceMen Earn Hard Fought Road Win over Everblades - Jacksonville IceMen
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.