Three Winnipeg ICE Players Attend NHL Training Camps
Winnipeg, MB - NHL teams are set to open their seasons this week and three Winnipeg ICE players took part in NHL training camps.
The 56 game National Hockey League season will open up on January 13, 2021, and conclude on May 8, 2021.
Listed below are Winnipeg ICE players who were attending NHL training camps:
Chicago Blackhawks: Michal Teply
Last year the Blackhawks prospect suited up in 53 games for the ICE scoring 29 goals and 34 assists for 63 points. That led all WHL rookies in scoring. The 6'3, 195lbs forward also played for the Czech Republic in the last two World Junior Championships. Teply has been reassigned to the AHL's Rockford Icehogs. The AHL season is scheduled to start on February 5th, 2020.
Dallas Stars: Dawson Barteaux
The Dallas Stars prospect was acquired from the ICE last season from the Red Deer Rebels at the trade deadline. The Foxwarren, MB native scored 10 goals and 32 assists for 42 points in 62 WHL games. Hear more about Dawson's first camp with the Dallas Stars in Episode 15 of ICE Breaker Show.
Vegas Golden Knights: Peyton Krebs
Golden Knights first-round pick played in 38 games for the ICE last season after returning from injury scoring 12 goals and adding 48 assists for 60 points averaging 1.58 points per game. The 5'11, 180lbs forward suited up for Team Canada and this past World Junior Championship winning a Silver medal. He was part of the Knights team that went into the bubble during the 2019-2020 NHL playoffs. Hear more about his time in the NHL Bubble on Episode 12 of ICE Breaker Show. Krebs has been reassigned to the AHL's Henderson Silver Knights. The AHL season is scheduled to start on February 5th, 2020.
The WHL Board of Governors have made a commitment to play a WHL 2020-21 Regular Season. The start date for the season will be determined once final approval has been received from the Health Authorities in each provincial and state jurisdiction and it is anticipated the approvals will be received soon.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from January 12, 2021
- Winterhawks Announce 2020-21 Player Development Plan - Portland Winterhawks
- Three Winnipeg ICE Players Attend NHL Training Camps - Winnipeg Ice
- Wheat Kings Alumni at NHL Training Camps Pt. 2 - Brandon Wheat Kings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Winnipeg Ice Stories
- Pandemic a Time to Reflect for ICE Players
- Winnipeg ICE and Domino's Pizza Launch Virtual Food Drive in Support of Siloam Mission
- No Ordinary 24 Game Stretch
- Three Winnipeg ICE Players Attend NHL Training Camps
- Winnipeg ICE Launch Virtual Teddy Bear Toss in Support of the Children's Hospital Foundation's Child Life Program