THREE TORONTO FC PLAYERS CALLED INTO UNITED STATES NATIONAL TEAM
Toronto FC goalkeeper Alex Bono, defender Justin Morrow and midfielder Marky Delgado have been named to the United States Men's National Team (USMNT) roster for US Soccer's annual January camp. At the conclusion of the camp, the USMNT will meet Bosnia and Herzegovina on Sunday, January 28 at StubHub Center in Carson, California.
Bono, 23, appeared in 34 matches for TFC in 2017, posting a record of 22-5-7 and 13 clean sheets across MLS league play and the MLS Cup playoffs. Bono's 10 clean sheets during the regular season set a new single-season club record. Bono appeared on the bench for MLS Team of the Week for Weeks 5, 11 and 25 and won MLS Save of the Week twice for Weeks 17 and 25. This marks Bono's second call up to the USMNT Senior squad. He was previously called into the 2015 January camp prior to the 2015 MLS SuperDraft.
Morrow, 30, appeared in 36 matches, registering eight goals and two assists for Toronto FC during the 2017 season across MLS league play, the MLS Cup playoffs and Canadian Championship. Morrow became the second player in club history to record a hat-trick during MLS league play (September 30 vs. New York Red Bulls) and is the second player in MLS history that was listed on the team's roster as a defender to score 3+ goals in a game. He was also named to the MLS Team of the Week for Weeks 10, 23 and 30 and was named MLS Player of the Week for Week 23 and 30. Morrow has earned three caps for the USMNT throughout his career. He was a member of the USMNT that captured the 2017 CONCACAF Gold Cup.
Delgado, 22, appeared in 34 matches, registering four goals and five assists for Toronto FC during the 2017 season across MLS league play, the MLS Cup playoffs and Canadian Championship. He was named to the MLS Team of the Week for Weeks 23 and 24 and featured on the bench for Week 9. This marks Delgado's first call up to the USMNT Senior squad. He has represented the U.S. at the U-20 World Cup in New Zealand in 2015 helping them reach the quarterfinals where he started in all five of the team's matches.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from January 9, 2018
- United acquire $300,000 in Allocation Money from the LA Galaxy for rights to Perry Kitchen - D.C. United
- 2018 LA Galaxy Season Media Accreditation Deadline - Los Angeles Galaxy
- United Acquire MLS Veteran Goalkeeper David Ousted - D.C. United
- The team will train in Montreal, Miami, Las Vegas and St. Petersburg - Montreal Impact
- SPR Signs Former Columbus Crew SC Midfielder Rodrigo Saravia - Sporting Kansas City
- New York Red Bulls Sign Ben Mines to Homegrown Contract - New York Red Bulls
- JORDAN MORRIS AND CRISTIAN ROLDAN CALLED INTO U.S. MEN'S NATIONAL TEAM JANUARY CAMP - Seattle Sounders FC
- Timbers Announce Technical Staff for 2018 MLS Season - Portland Timbers
- THREE TORONTO FC PLAYERS CALLED INTO UNITED STATES NATIONAL TEAM - Toronto FC
- Tyler Adams Named to U.S. Men's National Team January Camp - New York Red Bulls
- Two Columbus Crew SC Players Receive International Call-Ups - Columbus Crew SC
- Two Columbus Crew SC Players Receive International Call-Ups from The - Columbus Crew SC
- CJ Sapong Called Up By United States Men's National Team For Annual January Camp - Philadelphia Union
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.